Is aliexpress , Alibaba website reliable or safe for online shopping?

No. They are not reliable nor safe. Avoid buying on these websites. I created this question for ppl who like me google this question and don't find a good answer. Read on if you are concerned. Here is my personal experience buying on aliexpress. After your purchase you should wait between 2 weeks to 3 months... show more No. They are not reliable nor safe. Avoid buying on these websites. I created this question for ppl who like me google this question and don't find a good answer. Read on if you are concerned. Here is my personal experience buying on aliexpress. After your purchase you should wait between 2 weeks to 3 months for the item to arrive. If you recieve the item (I said if) and IF you are satisfied with the quality, you won buying something cheap. In any other case you are doomed. Read on.
You may contact the chinese seller for return ( lucky if they undersatnd english) but I have not seen any of chinese sellers ( even on ebay) initailly pay for return shipping cost even if they send you broken, faulty or wrong item. basically they say " F you, you pay for my mistake" No customer service what so ever untill you file a complaint/dispute against them.
The worst part about Aliexpress is when you open a dispute. Everything in Aliexpress is automated response. You won't have access to any real person to talk to or email to. when you open a dispute you have to escalate it because you won't see any response or movement from the seller nor Aliexpress. After you escalate the dispute you have no control to modify or add anything to it. Completely frozen. You wonder what is happening. Maybe after 1 month or so ( maybe) you will receive automated response that you lost the case!!!! It doesn't matter whether your previous pictures/documents clearly esplained why you were not satisfied or why item was faulty becasue You will be asked to add pictures or documents in 3 days or they release the money to the seller . Seems no one is reading or looking at the pictures you submit. You may add more pictures or evidence yet you keep receiving automated response that your dispute is rejected or you lost! and here is the time you have no option to do anything. No option to click on or add more documnet/pictures. And the case shows frozen in the website.
I filed a complaint in my credit card company and now dispute is active in both Aliexpress and my credit. because that is your last shot to file the complaint in your credit company. Fortunately they had my back and they promised me if the seller doesn't refund my money they will do return it to me. (after 2 months though and you have to keep a good record of document in case they ask for it later)
Now I see a refund in my credit account ( after 2 months from the time I started the whole dispute proccess in aliexpress. And also this is second week after I disputed in my credit company). I don't know seller decided to refund the money , or Aliexpress did it ( doubt it), or this is my credit company's job to return the money. To me it seems the seller decided to refund the money to avoid further concequnces, becasue case is still open in aliexpress and in my credit.
Imagine the mess. I got my refund, yet case is active and yet I receive emails from Aliexpress and there is no option to click on and respond to the case. It is frozen. And there is no one you can cantact to.... I don't know what is gonna happen next. And this is axactly the point. Confusion headache confusion all in the air. If you are up for it go ahead and purchase through Aliexpress.