AndrewN34 asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Thoughts on Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett going to the Nets?

Its a little sad to see them go, but its good for the team since we're in rebuilding mode.

• John
    Favorite Answer

I kinda agree with Kaka I hate to see them both leave, even Doc. Its been tough for Boston fans like, 1st Hernandez, never ending Gronk, and now the whole Celtics circus. Our team will suck, they are thinking of shopping Rondo also. With the sh*tty lottery thing we can't even guarantee a good pick. The 08 team was the team that got be into the NBA, I didn't watch it before then and now they are all gone I love or used to love Doc Rivers and Ray Allen. They are all gone now, if it goes through with Rondo it will be heart breaking because he is like my favorite player on the celtics. I even have a poster of the big 4 and now they are all gone. I just want to sit in a corner and cry.

I am sorry I am going all out but that is how I feel and what the future of the celtics are.

Source(s): Die hard Boston Sports fan
  • I envisioned Pierce and Gatnett retiring as Celtics players. It will definitely be weird to see them in Nets uniforms (and coached by Jason Kidd!). The move turns the Nets into contenders who have the talent to threaten the Heat, Bulls, and Pacers in the East. On the other hand, Celtics will be a lottery team for the next few years...however, those three first rounders will definitely come in handy. But they shouldn't have taken on Wallace's massive contract imo. And now let the speculation begin on regarding what team Rajon Rondo will be on for the upcoming season lol.

.

It's going to be fun in Brooklyn, Jason Kidd coaching all these guys. It's sad for the Celtics fans especially the local people of Boston but seeing these players win another championship is just deserving for them. They all could've won 3 in Boston but it's just that some things are not meant to be. But keep in mind, the NBA is also a business, that's how it goes people come and go. For me, it's really about being fan of the players not the teams. The players make the team.

I thought pierce would retire there but this is for the best. Its just gonna help reload faster and frees some cap so better to start the rebuild now and get it over with. Gotta be tough on Boston fans to see em go to Brooklyn of all places

I still cannot believe it. I'm not a hardcore Celtics fan (I actually rather hate them) but seriously? Both em of them won a ring in Boston not too many seasons ago. I could picture Garnett leaving, but Pierce? I honestly think that he should get the same amount of hate LeBron got for leaving Cleveland.

Wow that's quite a development! I think the Nets have positioned themselves to be a Championship threat for next season, I didn't think highly of the Nest last year but this year I think they are a threat, especially with Kidd at the helm very intriguing.

Hope this helps.

• STEVE

Good trade for the Celtics. They got a handful of young players and 3 draft picks.

fire ainge he keeps get robbed

moore for lee

brooks for johnson

oynx for 3 draft picks

kg pierce and terry for garbage and 3 late draft picks

• ?

I'm just wondering how Rajon Rondo is going to cope being all alone.

• I can see Garnett but Pierce??? Really??? Dirty organization has no sense of loyalty.