How to ensure my entrance into heaven?

I am Catholic, I go to church every Sunday, I was baptized as a baby, I did confession already once a couple weeks ago, overall Im a good person...Anything else I can do to make sure I go to heaven when I die, cause I hear its a beautiful place.

Update:

IF YOU ARE AN ATHIEST, I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT YOUR OPINION IS...THIS QUESTION IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FAITH...GET OUT OF HERE WHAT THAT STUFF.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Hogie
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

Salvation (going to Heaven) is about believing the gospel as found in Scripture. The Catholic church has actually disavowed the true gospel; salvation through faith only. I suggest you study this on your own, and believe what God's inspired Word says, and not what a church corporate says.

• Catholics are not assured of salvation like Protestants believe.

Just imagine if you told your children "You will go to disneyland next month no matter how you behave". That would be pretty crazy on your part.

God doesn't assure us of anything. However, we believe our God is a merciful God.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to me Christ (Lord) will enter the kingdom of heaven

Matthew 24:13 Those who perserve to the end will be saved

Source:

Catholic

• 6 years ago

Matthew 5:3

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Source(s): The Holy Bible, NIV
  • 3 years ago

you're nonetheless a prick - and Jesus instructed me to assert your forgiven for denying him three times, and for cutting the ear off the Temple preserve, which will I upload, Jesus observed as an Act of Betrayal, exceptionally while his message became approximately peace... The Keys of Heaven remark became a metaphor dumb-***, as quickly as you realize, maybe you may additionally enter Heaven, rather of status on the gates...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob T
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Please understand that salvation is not based on what good stuff you do. It is based on confessing your sinfulness and asking Jesus to be your Savior. Because God loves you, He will forgive you and prepare a place in heaven for you. Salvation is based in God's grace to us, not our good deeds for Him.

• 6 years ago

Recognize that the things you listed will not ensure your entrance into heaven. "For by GRACE are you saved through faith; and not because of yourself; it is the gift of God; Not of works, that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

It is by complete faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus that ensures entrance into heaven. And obedience to God because of that faith.

• 6 years ago

Yeah, Fantasy is usually more fun than Reality!

Keep dreaming and be sure to send a Postcard after your arrival to Paradise! This way, it can be added to the rest of the Postcards from Heaven!

• 6 years ago

And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

There is nothing that you can add or take away the value of a free gift. It is sad to see a church teaching otherwise. Because otherwise, you would not, and COULD not know. But we Can. :) (iJohn 5:13)

Source(s): Acts 8:37
  • 6 years ago

You can commit literally any crime not mentioned in the commandments and still go to heaven. I think you're fine, but I don't think that heaven exists.

• Go to the DOOR and enter there in at!

John 14;6

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.