Can I still receive unemployment in the state of Florida?

I am getting medically retired from the Marine Corps w/ 60% disability. My VA rating is at 90%. My plan is to use the GI Bill to go back to school. Can I still receive unemployment in the state of Florida? NOTE (I have both bad back and bad neck.)

Favorite Answer

Thank you for serving your country!

Why are you so eager that the government (and taxpayers) serve you now??

The shoe seems to be on the other foot for this patriot!

Why not find a job you enjoy and can do with your conditions?? That seems to be more of what I would expect out of a fellow vet. Instead of putting your hand out for more and more.

You sure will have more self respect and a feeling of self sufficiency, IMHO.

Source(s): 21 years AD
  • wizjp

Pretty sure the "disability" issue will be a problem. Along with the "retired" thing. As well as being in school making looking for and accepting full time employment impossible.

I'd talk to the UE people; but I can't see it.

• WRG

Unemployment is for people looking for and able to accept work if offered. If you don't fit both of those classifications you won't get UI.

Unemployment means you are currently searching for work and physically able to work. If you are physically not able to work due to a disability you are not eligible.