Why didn't Snowden just go to Ecuador to leak his information so he wouldn't have to keep running away?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

asylum request procedures take time. Screw the U.S. of A.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

He wanted to leak it to the U.S people which would have been harder to do it in Ecuador (considering its no were near America ).Also it would have made him seem more of a coward to do it from another country.Also if he released it in Ecuador America would have blamed the Ecuadorian government and ruin there relationship (this which Snowden did not want).

• 7 years ago

How many calls does each country's equivalent of the State Department get from nutcases seeking asylum? Imagine an American calling Ecuador and saying, "I've got information that's going to blow the lid off the US government--it's really big, and they'll probably kill me or jail me for it--can I get asylum?" They'd probably recommend an asylum closer to home for you.

After you release the info, they are more likely to believe you.

• 7 years ago

Snowden is taking 4 laptops to each Communist hate-filled nation to allow them to download all the data he stole before he is granted asylum. He will visit an many haters of America as he can.

He is a traitor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

he just made a wrong decision about hong kong - looks like they're nothing but yet another Obama *** kisser...

I am surprised he picked hong kong though - yes...they're better than china and...germany lol - but not such averse us enemies like russia or north korea or ecuador. He should've picked Russia right away.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

He was seeking a safe place where the government is transparent and respectful of it's people's privacy. So, of course, he picked China.

• cosmo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Good question.

He seems a bit incompetent and fantasy-prone about this whole episode.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It would have been harder for him to make sure that the Chinese and Russians got copies of all of it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.