My husband booked us a flight with United Airlines and when we got the reservation confirmation?

Somehow the reservation got put under my maiden name. We have been married 2 years and he knows better lol. The airline says that it may have happened because I have flown with them before I was married so the system recognized my information when he punched it in and just auto corrected it. I asked them how do I prevent this from happening again and they just said go online, I looked but I don't see anything on how to correct it. They almost didn't let me through security because my name on my boarding pass didn't match my ID. Does anyone know how to fix this??????

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

Do two or three things:

1) If you don't have a Mileage Plus account at United then I suggest that you create one. You will then get a frequent flyer number for United. You can also add FF numbers for partner airlines if you want your miles to get credited elsewhere.

2) Log on to your husband's account at United dot com. Scroll down where it shows his Profile information. Then click on Manage Profile on the right. The next page will show his profile and have change options. Don't use them. On the right, click on View All Travelers. You should be listed under Other Saved Travelers. Then you should be able to edit your profile that is in his account. If not, then choose to Delete Traveler and then Add Traveler to get your correct info in.

3) Log on to your account and manage your profile as described above. You can add your husband as an Other Saved Traveler.

Also, see the bit about "Important account update information​" at the link below.

If your dad gave you a United confirmation number and it's in your name, most probably your dad already made the reservation for you but with a travel website like Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia etc. The confirmation no. is from the travel agent, not United. A confirmation code from an airline is usually only 6 letter and/numbers combined. Check with your dad.

If you have a frequent flier account with the airline, you can log in and change your profile. That is where you can change your last name. You can also contact the airline's customer service and have them change it in the system.