Resume rate 1-10 please?

I need to rate this resume before I give it in. What do you think?

Patrick Abraham

Patrickabraham9@hotmail.com|347-948-2699|

Brooklyn, New York

Objective

To secure a challenging position using my exceptional commitment to safety, quality, teamwork, and continuous improvements.

Experience

Walgreens (Service Clerk)

Brooklyn, New York

March 2013- Currently Employed

(718) 564-2380

• Key player in maintaining store inventory for customer shopping.

• Known for exemplary customer service, team player mindset and exceptional cash-handling accuracy.

• Coordinated with store support personnel to resolve store issues.

• Provided service and maintenance on machines crucial to photo development.

• Swiftly developed customer photos and offered specialized options per occasion.

Dominique F. Juste and Associates (Office Manager Assistant)

Brooklyn, New York

June 2009-August 2009 (Summer Youth Employment Program)

718-693-4060

• Worked with team of five other office assistants to retrieve and store patient files alphanumerically.

• Rated as one of the most useful assistants due to reliability.

• Excelled at alpha numeric patient filing and file retrieval.

Skills and Achievements

• Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.

• First rate team work and leadership skills.

• Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service.

• Volunteered at an after-school catering to elementary school children.

• Ensures tasks are completed correctly and on time.

Education

New York City College of Technology

Computer Information Systems (Major)

2012-(Projected 2015)

Favorite Answer

Well you made a good start, but I cannot give it more than a 3. First you must list all your educational training and achievements first and all in one place, including any honors, awards, etc.

You have a good description of the job duties of the 2 jobs you held, but you better explain that BIG gap of no employment or school between August 2009 and March 2013.

Here are some templates, samples and tips that will be useful in writing a professional resume:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4879616_time-job-real-job-...

http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/resumewriting/a/firs...

http://www.resumetemplates.org/

http://www.myperfectresume.com/lp/mprrwzlp12.aspx?...

http://www.instantresumetemplates.com/

There are people who will tell you that your automatic response to rating yourself (on a scale of 1 to 10) should be “11”. They say that anything less would be admitting a weakness. I don’t agree. An over-the-top answer like that is bragging, which is a lot different than selling yourself for the job.

I think that if you answer “11,” you’re running a strong risk of coming off as arrogant in the interview, and I don’t know too many hiring managers who relish the thought of hiring someone who thinks they’re more than perfect. It makes for a strained working relationship.

I think that on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, that an answer of 6, 7, or 8 is a reasonable, positive, sincere-sounding answer. It means that you recognize that you have room to grow and develop and become more and better than you are today.

If you’re a young rookie, straight out of school or with only one job under your belt, you should answer 6 or 7.

If you’re anything else, answer 7 or 8.

Only a true Subject Matter Expert with a whole lot of experience should put themselves at a 9 or a 10.

But once you give your answer (and pay attention to the surprise on their faces when you don’t give the automatic, knee-jerk, follow-the-crowd response of ‘11’), offer an explanation of why you rate yourself that way.

Say, “On a scale of 1 to 10, I see 5 as a true average, and a 10 as perfect. I believe I’m better than average, and I don’t know that anyone could be a 10, because no one’s perfect.”

Talk about how you rate yourself based on how others perform in the same roles that you have had.

In every arena, there are 4 or 5 (at least) things that set people apart…what are they in yours? How do you rate in each of those areas?

You really have to know yourself and your ‘market’ in order to answer this question. If you’re in the job search, you better know these things anyway. You can’t sell yourself for the job otherwise. And it makes it pretty hard to negotiate salary unless you know what you’re worth.

If you can answer this question with a sincere, honest, reasoned response, you’re going to stand out from the other candidates and earn big points with the interviewer.

(Or, you could skip the whole ratings question and let your 30 60 90 day plan answer the question for you...they'll rate you a 15.)

10

2 or 3 - A resume should be your duties and responsibilities - i.e., "Performed maintenance and service on office equipment" (I only put service in there in case it went above general maintenance)

or "Developed and finalized production of customer photos" (I assume offered options meant you tried to upsell the packages - if so, and if you were generally successful, save this for the cover letter as a success story)

Move the "Rated as one of the most successful" to achievements - and if you can, quantify as in "Won company award for reliability"

Everyone has first rate or exceptional teamwork skills - this will get you ignored sin eyou can't quantify it, same with the "known for" line...

What type of store issues did you resolve...make this sentence "Resolved issues pertaining to..." or something similar. Drop the key player unless you actually are the only person stocking shelves or you supervise shelf stockers.

• Rose

It should be in this order: Employment Education Skills get rid of the profile under skills you didnt list microsoft word. thats the most important. typing speed? I have been a recruiter for 5 years. If you want help, email it to me in word format and i will make the changes.