Should I Go Visit Alabama?

I'm going to be 19 in a little less than a month. I have an old friend who lives in alabama and he wants me to come see him. Ever since he asked me I want to go SO bad. It's totally eating at me. Since I was 14 Ive been in a serious relationship. Got out of a shitty one at 16 right into another one. Im still with the person ive been with since I was 16, but I don't feel happy. We have a house, we both have jobs and cars. But he doesn't like to do anything and i can't help but feeling I'm going to regret this relationship just like my last one. I live in Ca, and I feel like for all my teenage years i've been doing whatever it takes to make my boyfriend happy. I feel like going to visit Alabama would make me really happy and liberate myself. To finally do something just for me, something exciting. I would have to break up with my boyfriend, but i don't feel we should be together. I feel I have much more of a lust for life than he does. All he wants to do is sit on his ***, never leave the house. I can't have friends, I can't go anywhere. helllllpp me

Favorite Answer

It would be a great trip, but you don't have to come to Alabama to break up with your boyfriend. If you're not happy, and he's the cause, break up with him now! Don't wait!

And try not having a boyfriend for a while. See if you can be independent, at least for a year or two.

You're always regret it if you don't. You're 19 - now's the time!

Best of luck from Alabama!