How soon can you take out ur puppy?

My puppy got her shots at like 5 weeks (we thought she was 8 but we took her to the vet and she told us she's no more than 5 or 6 weeks) the vet said she should get her first shots again at 8 weeks just to be safe . After how many sets of shots is it safe to take her out on walks? She's a tiny maltese mix and I'm protective and I don't want anything to happen to her. I know we got her young and that makes her more vulnerable. But I'm doing my best to take care of her and so far she's doing great! Should we wait till all of her shots are completed? I want her to have exercise as well.

Favorite Answer

Unless it's known that the puppy didn't take mum's first milk (the colostrum) for some reason, there's no point externally vaccinating a puppy much before 8 weeks. Puppies are normally protected naturally from mum's milk up to about 5 weeks, after which age it gradually drops away until it's normally considered safe to externally vaccinate at around 8 weeks. If the background of the puppy isn't known, then vets will vaccinate, usually against Parvo and Leptospirosis at 6 weeks. Done when there is some natural immunity going on and it's pointless, the vaccination won't 'take'.

I don't know why any vet would vaccinate at 5 weeks. That's simply too soon.

She's only 'vulnerable' if you expose her to outside. And this is why reputable breeders know not to sell their puppies until at least 8 weeks, when vaccination can begin. Provided the litter is kept together up to 8 weeks, they should be safe from any diseases outside. When we did our litters, we restricted where our adults were being exercised, to avoid walking infection which even healthy and fully boostered dogs still can.

She must not be taken out off your property (she can go outside into a fully confined fenced yard) until she's had ALL her vaccination shots plus a week. And you shouldn't allow her to have contact with any other dogs, even apparently healthy ones. In the UK puppies are given 2 sets, usually 2 weeks apart and no earlier than 8 weeks, again unless it's suspected that they didn't have any natural immunity from mum for some reason.

Maybe do exercises indoor like buy a object with wheels or a piece of yarn and make her catch it and don't let the object be so small because she might choke on it

So u will have to wait...until she gets all of her shots ..because maybe she could get something bad without her shots...

(Ur puppy sounds cute btw ^-^)

Source(s): Always wanted a puppy but never gets one but is still a dog expert.

Wait until she has all her shots to take her to parks and places where there are other dogs. Not only at the time they are there but in general where they socialize. You can take her out in your backyard or walk her on a sidewalk. But no,i wouldn't recommend talking her to parks and grass where other dogs play

Two weeks after final shots.

Get on your hands and knees and stroll in the process the entire living house, in spite of if he's no longer allowed in some spots, he will detect a thank you to get there. additionally, for low cabinets, purchase the toddler-evidence locking mechanism issues and then he cant open it, or merely positioned elastics around the handles in case you like. something in any respect that he might desire to attain that's no longer his, you may desire to pass.

You can take her out. You sound protective of her so there is nothing to worry about. I take my baby chiweenie out all the time, every since I got her at 6 weeks.

Take her out