Will the prosecution in the State v. Zimmerman case be able to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt"?

to all 6 of the jurors, that Zimmerman killed Martin other than in self defense. It's a very heavy burden.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd say with the fact that Trayvon Martin was screaming for help before being shot point blank, Zimmerman's biggest cut was 2 cm long and felt completely fine following the confrontation, Zimmerman weighs a lot more than Martin, Zimmerman was highly trained in self defense, and that Trayvon Martin had a right to defend himself from a guy with a gun following him around, it'll be incredibly easy.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

I highly doubt it, nearly every witness called by the state has either had good things to say about Zimmerman, or they helped the defense in some way (whether small or immensely.) Those that did not help the defense had their credibility smashed, or were Impeached thus far in the trial.

Now with the testimony of John Good (another STATE witness called.) He fingers Martin as the assaulter and Zimmerman the one screaming. I am sorry but the only things that the state did successfully in this case were their opening statement and the constant evidence they give from state witnesses that Zimmerman was NOT a bad guy and was a good individual.

It seems entirely unlikely that at this point Zimmerman will be prosecuted for 2nd Deg murder; unless of course the state starts calling witnesses that aren't lying, and don't help the defense at all.

Source(s): I have watched this trial every day since it started all the way through.... Yes that is a lot of hours.
  • 7 years ago

This will cleave along Skinner Box lines. The secret selves of those 6 people wants to pull the switch on somebody without taking ownership of the act, and Zimmerman happens to be in the box right now. Guilty or innocent, kangaroo courts of public opinion suck

• 7 years ago

Self defense, what a joke. There's plenty of reason to prosecute, and some reason not to. The jury are people, no guarantee they'll make the right decision no matter what is presented.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I think just the fact that Zimmerman approached Trayvon is enough to convict. We'll see what Trayvon's girlfriend says today.

• T E
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

the answer is NO, as there are lots of doubts in this case

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No, the bloody head and bashed face tell the entire story.

• 7 years ago

With just one statement "Do not follow"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.