Will James Gandolfini's funeral on Thursday be open to the public?

The service is supposed to be this Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. at the Episcopal Cathedral of St.John The Divine in New York City. I assumed the location was chosen so that his many fans would be able to attend. The Cathedral's website seems to say that on Thursday the Cathedral will be CLOSED TO THE... show more The service is supposed to be this Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. at the Episcopal Cathedral of St.John The Divine in New York City. I assumed the location was chosen so that his many fans would be able to attend. The Cathedral's website seems to say that on Thursday the Cathedral will be CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC!

"Due to events in the Cathedral, Jane Alexander: Surveys (from the Cape of Good Hope) and Hidden Lives: The Untold Story of Urban Refugees will be closed to the public on Thursday, June 27."

Can this be possible? Having the funeral at the largest cathedral in the world and closing it to the public? Does any of this make sense? Or am I misreading the closure notice? Are they closing the presentation they have scheduled so that people can't get into the cathedral? Anyone know? It would be nice to be able to attend.
Update: James, for a Top Answerer you blew it on this one. See, it IS open to the public. Maybe next time, try to answer with actual information rather than letting your holier than thou attitude get in the way.
Update 2: James, for a Top Answerer you blew it on this one. See, it IS open to the public. Maybe next time, try to answer with actual information rather than letting your holier than thou attitude get in the way.
2 answers 2