Any idea why James Gandolfini's funeral is going to be at an Episcopal Church?

Just read that his funeral will be in New York City on Thursday at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, which is an Episcopal church. I read that Gandolfini was the child of "devout Roman Catholics." Wondering if he had become an Episcopalian at some point or just that the venue was chosen for... show more Just read that his funeral will be in New York City on Thursday at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, which is an Episcopal church. I read that Gandolfini was the child of "devout Roman Catholics." Wondering if he had become an Episcopalian at some point or just that the venue was chosen for it's size, in order to accommodate the many mourners and guests. Any clues?
Update: @JamesK. You said "evidently" which means there is EVIDENCE he was Episcopalian. Where is the EVIDENCE? I must have missed that.
Update 2: @JamesK. You said "evidently" which means there is EVIDENCE he was Episcopalian. Where is the EVIDENCE? I must have missed that.
Update 3: @Robert C: Right....he "may not" have been a practicing Catholic. MAY NOT. Yet you are somehow PRESUMING he was a PRACTICING EPISCOPALIAN? LOL
Update 4: @Robert C: Right....he "may not" have been a practicing Catholic. MAY NOT. Yet you are somehow PRESUMING he was a PRACTICING EPISCOPALIAN? LOL