How can I talk more maturally?

Like instead of saying "Nothing much, you?" Say something like "Nothing, and you?" Or like "How do you do?" Stuff like that, how can I talk more like that?! Please help me, thank you!!(:

Favorite Answer

First, realize that even adults sometimes say things like "Nothing much --you?" and not always "Nothing, and you?" And I'm in my mid-50's (fairly mature, I would say) and I can't remember the last time I asked someone "How do you do?"

If you want to sound more "grown up" and less like an ignorant teenager, you should think before you speak, use correct grammar, avoid hip-hop/ghetto teen slang, avoid the word "like" ("so, like, I go to Britney like, "did you, like, see what Sara did, like yesterday?" And she was all like, "yeah! That was like really cool"), and avoid using the f-word (where every other word out of your mouth is "f-ing this" and "f-ing that".

Try to imitate a mature tone of voice but you don't have to speak formal just think about what you say before it comes out your mouth and don't say random things or talk realy loud or laugh too much just speak at speaking level and only say what needs to be said and be more of a listener than someone who gossips on all the time .

watch as many videos of Boris Johnson as possible.