Geo
Geo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Is secularism in Israel increasing?

Aside from those that dress in Orthodox and Ultra Orthodox clothing is secularism increasing in the nation of Israel. Especially to that of the women. Getting more westernized i should say in dress.

please provide evidence and detail in your answer ^_^

Favorite Answer

There are two worlds in Israel. That of the secular Tel Aviv, where you have progressive politics, one of the worlds largest gay community's, etc. and that of the settlements, and the Orthodox, who are having more children!

Reform Judaism does not exist in Israel. You are either Orthodox, or secular, nothing in between like the United States or the West, but it is changing. Reform movements are growing in Israel.

But the bottom line is, that the orthodox are having huge families, and breeding many orthodox children, to replace them, and some.

You can find good articles on the tensions between the two, and what I mentioned on HaAretz, Israel's liberal newspaper:

http://www.haaretz.com/

I certainly hope so. I see very little difference between ultra-orthodox Jews and the Mullahs. Both are living in worlds that faded away a thousand years ago.

One can only hope so

Considering that JEW and ISRAELI are synonymous, I doubt it.