Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

I'm doing a survey pertaining to the military?

Why did you join?

Do you recommend this against college ?

Do you feel as if you achieved something ?

Which branch did you join?

How old were you when you joined?

Did you get enough money to attend college?

Favorite Answer

Love how you kids think it is either or

I have a BS in Environmental Engineering, MS in Biology and MA in History all paid for by the Army

Source(s): Me, 24 years in the US Army so far...joined at 17

Why did you join? Because I was going nowhere fast, I was getting high, dropped out of high school, had someone else finish my homeschooling subjects for me so I could graduate by 21, played video games, no motivation etc...

Do you recommend this against college ? No preference

Do you feel as if you achieved something ? A paycheck

Which branch did you join? Air Force

How old were you when you joined? 22

Did you get enough money to attend college? No but my parents would have covered it if I was motivated to go to college.

I joined to serve my nation in an honorable manner, and become part of time honored brotherhood, and to honor those who did so before me.

I do not suggest joining the Military solely for the college money, but if you already wish to serve, then the Military certainly can help secure an education while doing something honorable for your countrymen.

Yes, I gained real world experience, got to travel to places I would have never otherwise seen, do things I would have never done, met really awesome people, and gained self discipline as well as learning to be a part of something bigger than myself.

Army Active duty

22

yes, but college was not my reason, and I have seen those who did it only for the college or other benefits, and it becomes intolerable for them, not to mention that these guys are not as dedicated, and tend to become a risk to others as well as themselves. Those who join for the sake of serving are the only ones who SHOULD join, most of those there for college don't get their money for it because they screw up early and get booted out with too low of a discharge to keep that benefit. I do have my G.I. Bill, and I am using it.