what does it cost to replace a cinder block foundation with poured concrete?

we have a cinder block foundation that is also partially poured concreate, with an original addition that is cinder block ( imean it was added on last second before the house was completed) and there is another addition put on four decades after the house was completed and thats on those id call them stilts but its poured concrete into six foot holes with pressure treated 4 by 4s in them.

so what would i cost to replace the cinder block foundation and deal with the "stilts".

we have city water, septic, and baseboard heaters, i know there must be a cost to deal with those too.

we are doing this so we can put on a second floor and the current foundation isnt strong enough to hold it

also does the home have to be emptied to raise the house...

has it ever happened that a home falls during the process? who deals with that the home owner or the company doing the work?

thanks everyone for your answers.....

also id have googled this but i cant seem to find any company that does it in my area , but if i have to do this ill find someone.

im sorry this question seems to be disorganized and all over the place so sorry

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To support another floor you might also have to replace the footing with larger. Since for a project this size you will certainly get permits you might ask advice from them. Their requirements may dictate how you go. You might also need an engineer to plan a foundation that will work. The house can't "fall" like next minute it jumps in the gutter. Even if it breaks it doesn't fall. You might have broken plaster. The contractor must have insurance--you must check that he does.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Block Foundation Cost

• Major
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

After you get your permits approved. The first thing you'll need to do is to have your electrical and water supplies disconnected, If you wish to live in the house while the foundation is being done you can have them reconnected later after it has been raised.

Here is a link to companies that raise housed, I don't know where you live but it may help.

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-ab&q=who+can+rai...

Next, if you aren't doing it yourself , you'll need an excavating company to remove the old concrete and dig for placement of the new footing/foundation.

Here is a link to some companies, again I don't know where you live.

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-ab&q=exclavating...

Next you will need someone in your area to build the forms in some areas a framing crew would do this, in other areas a forming crew would do this.

Next would be ordering the concrete from a concrete supply , whoever built the forms should be on site when the concrete is being poured and will strip the form a few days after the concrete has been placed.

If you reconnected water, etc. you will need to have them cut again and then you can have whoever raised the house, lower it back down and have the framing crew/form crew secure the anchors.

You can phone all the contractors and deal with them yourself, or hire a builder who will do all that for you.

Should the house fall (I've never heard of it happening , but nothing is impossible) the contractor should have liability insurance that covers that, but ask him , to be sure.

the only time you'll need to contact the city is to get permits, have inspections, city water and sewer hookups . Of course your local hydro for connections/disconnections and for temporary power if you need it. the contractor/carpenters etc. will need it or generators. Again a builder will handle it all from start to finish if you do not wish to do it yourself.

You are now ready to start the upper work.

It will be cheaper if you handle it all yourself, I'm not sure it's worth it though as you'll need to get all the trades set up, permits, inspections etc. You would also need to find out when you have to call for inspections (which stages etc).

I hope that helps you more than it confuses. Good Luck

Source(s): 30 years Construction
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.