name some books that changeed your view on life?

i'm 15 so maybe some books geared towards teens.

Favorite Answer

Both 'The Corrections' by Jonathan Franzen and 'A Spot of Bother' by Mark Haddon gave me a very meaningful insight on what is like to grow old, the slow decaying of the mind in some cases; emotive but cruel and harsh, and beautifully written. It also made me think about family bonds. I'd never regret reading those books.

The other one I can recommend, although it takes some time to really get into it - the first 30 pages or so are somewhat slower to plough through, but it trust me, it gets better - is 'Cloud Atlas' by David Mitchell. Even if you've watched the movie, the book is simply a masterpiece. It is everything, essentially, you could ever want in a book. Tragedy, mystery, love, faith, adventure. It's the book that has touched me the most and I keep it in a special place in my heart. It makes you rethink your values, and about where our society is going, and overall made me feel more connected to the world somehow. You'll understand this once you read it ;)

Source(s): Hope I helped :)

Schindler's List really did change my life. I am from a small town in East Texas and had never seen or known a Jewish person, and I was too young to know much about the holocaust, so I was shocked at the level of hatred aimed at a group of people. I think I lost some of my innocence after reading that book to learn that people could be so cruel to each other.

I disagree with the person who recommends Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. It is a horrible book about incest and child abuse and one really messed up family. I would never recommend it to a young person. Even though it is fiction, it almost glorifies incest. Read it if you will, but be warned, it will not change your life.

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden. I'm 13 but if you're 15 not only will you love this series as they are action packed and got everything teen spy fiction should have, but the books will completely mess up your perspective on who are the villains and who are the heroes. It makes you much more empathetic to book characters on all characters, and for me, after reading the series, I've realised when it comes to the world, there is no good and evil. Only those who fight for a cause, and will try to achieve it no matter what, and those trying to stop them. And in this case, either can be the 'good guys' or the 'bad guys'. Trust me, read the series and your view on people will change.Since then I've gained a lot more respect for people like Hitler who seemed evil, but were just fighting for their cause with 110% determination. You must read this book.

Source(s): I've read the book!

A Game of Thrones

Great story, and such a stunning testament to different people and personalities.

Not exactly geared towards teens, but certainly the best thing I've ever read and there's a whole series :)

Source(s): me

This book was written years ago, but is still based around a teenagers life, I don't know if you've read it before or seen the shitty attempt of the movie, but anyway it's called flowers in the attic by Virginia Andrews. Absolutely amazing book, I have never read such a book, it's very very long, but after I read it I had this whole different outlook on life, relationships, and family bonds. I don't know how mature you are in your reading but I read it when I was thirteen and I have never read a book as good as this one. It's shocking, and if you're very sensitive, I don't recommend it. But all around a fabulous book :)

The Hunger Games - I think it portrays how much violence is too come if we don't change our ways.

Percy Jackson + Heroes of Olympus series - might be fiction, but it proves that there's a hero in every single one of us.

The Lady In The Tower - I'm not sure, but it's a really good book about Tudor life. It has an interesting twist to it. :)

WALL-E - it's a movie, but still . . . it shows that we're polluting our planet :3

Twilight - prepare for weird **** happening if you fall in love with a vampire . . .

Hope I helped :)

Source(s): I'm a reader :3

I know you are going to prejudge, but I LOVED the Twilight saga. It really made me rebelieve in true love and prince charmings.

The catcher in the rye---really makes you think

it's kind of a funny story--shows you how depression can change you

The hunger games. Game Of Thrones. Divergent. Harry Potter,. Twilight. ♥

The Fault in Our Stars

Nostradamus and the Antichrist: Code Named Mabus, i enjoyed it