Will you read this drama and tragedy, called "The Girl" and ponder the final questions?

This is Part One of Three installments, all to be released today or at the latest by tomorrow. The questions I mention will be in the 'Epilogue' after Part 3. All comments and C.C. are welcome. Thank you, Thomas ________________________________________________________________________________ The... show more This is Part One of Three installments, all to be released today or at the latest by tomorrow. The questions I mention will be in the 'Epilogue' after Part 3. All comments and C.C. are welcome. Thank you, Thomas
______________________________________...

The Girl
Part 1 of 3

Foundational Volition

This journal concerns The Girl, a young lady named Bridget, not her real name
My favorite female sobriquet, to protect her identity, you will soon understand
Please indulge me to set up this story for you will always remember this Bridget
All the Bridgets out there; this forever changed my view of living life in peace

I ask your patience. Don’t just read, ingest this to your heart, mind, body and soul
Ask yourself if we can change, or is there no longer any hope of renewing the mind?
Has the world changed us, understandably so, but consider what is right, read on?
If the power to change ones heart has no interest to you, please stop here, np:

Granddad was a nice old man; he died on Abe Lincoln’s birthday
He picked up a hitchhiker 15 minutes after kissing me good-bye
For his kindness, he received a bullet in the back of his head
They never caught who murdered him, and I’ll never forget Granddad

Punctual equilibrium sprung me ahead a few years to the state of Florida
With family, jaunting to a family setting; crashing steel, up flies a motorcycle
Right in front of our vehicle, my eyes, they see a car hit this Hell’s Angel guy
Hell-man goes flying like a missile, perhaps 100 feet like Evil Knievel used to show

Dad summons the six of us boys to stay in vehicle; out he goes to the victim
A surgeon was my Father; he stayed with the man until the ambulance arrived
So young at the time, will never forget hearing Mother say to Dad, “you saved him”
An act of kindness, one compelled to help another, still imbibed my mind

Some 10 years later I’m coming home from college, 1000 mile drive
My jalopy, a 1968 Impala all the frat guys laughed at, I did not care
Sunday, 50 miles from Chicago, my car ignites a mental breakdown
No cell phones baby, time to hitch-hike and hope for the best

The evening, late, not a busy highway at the time, comes a big white Cadillac
Inside is one massive, long black dude with sunglasses, he opens passenger door
He is still looking straight on, says nothing to me, my first thought was my life
Second thought was Granddad; I asked the stranger for a lift as far as Chi-town

Can’t mitigate the circumlocution, but the bottom line; I wing myself inside car
He never said one word; dropped me off at an exit a couple miles from home
An act of kindness from a man I judged by the cover of his book; now my ken
Right that moment I told myself I will always help others; help others always

Lastly, before I impart the indelible manifestations of this sweet girl Bridget,
I take you to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; a day cruise off the coast on a nearby island
A ditionary of sorts, within the beach, broke through, rapids force into Pacific Ocean
Out of the tributary spurts a boat with a man and a woman flailing away to their death

What happened then was a sight never seen by my eyes……or anyone else

Update: Correction: I am sorry. I usually let misspelled words go, but somehow one got beyond Yahoo's spell check that was in the main question, so I deleted the original release of this poem. Am sorry because there was one answer, and I saved it for here: Nagu's answer: I Broke the Lamp Thank you Nagu for... show more Correction: I am sorry. I usually let misspelled words go, but somehow one got beyond Yahoo's spell check that was in the main question, so I deleted the original release of this poem. Am sorry because there was one answer, and I saved it for here:

Nagu's answer: I Broke the Lamp

Thank you Nagu for your answer to my poem. You are more than welcome to post and answer again, and hope you understand why I deleted the first one. :) Thomas
Update 2: Thanks for the stars, and the answers so far. Some may know, I write fiction based on fact. The balance of fiction vs what really happened over varies, and I pretty much keep that to myself unless someone asks. In this piece everything is true with one exception. Sometimes I will reveal them if I feel it is... show more Thanks for the stars, and the answers so far. Some may know, I write fiction based on fact. The balance of fiction vs what really happened over varies, and I pretty much keep that to myself unless someone asks. In this piece everything is true with one exception. Sometimes I will reveal them if I feel it is necessary. Here it is minimal so far. I may divulge in the end, but what does it matter?..... all I try to do is capture ones imagination, and to often understand the poems message.

The person that shot and murdered Granddad was never found. Thanks for the question. Thomas
_______________________________________...
Update 3: Jupiter Joanne: Thanks for answering JJ. Yes, this was posted before, but only part one as a first draft. This was edited and hopefully improved. I am putting out an "Epilogue" on the morrow. I know it's a lot, four segments, and hope it held some folks interest and meant something as it has me. ... show more Jupiter Joanne: Thanks for answering JJ. Yes, this was posted before, but only part one as a first draft. This was edited and hopefully improved. I am putting out an "Epilogue" on the morrow. I know it's a lot, four segments, and hope it held some folks interest and meant something as it has me. Thomas
Update 4: Thank you all for your answers. I only have a few minutes left before it goes to vote. I think I know who to give BA to, but one other may have deleted their answer....bummer. This poem means a lot, so I appreciate the good answers, and those who starred the poem too. ... show more Thank you all for your answers. I only have a few minutes left before it goes to vote. I think I know who to give BA to, but one other may have deleted their answer....bummer. This poem means a lot, so I appreciate the good answers, and those who starred the poem too. Thomas