Are Pokemon X and Y the last Pokemon Games?

I have a theory, and it's not far fetched either. Nintendo released Pokemon Black and White, and Pokemon Black and White two with first gen in mind. They based both the story AND the Pokemon, if you didn't notice, off of the Pokemon from 1st gen. After first gen, Pokemon wanted to blow away it's fans with Pokemon Gold and Silver by improving almost every aspect of the game, the same I feel they are doing with Pokemon X and Y, the sequels to the gen 1 throwbacks Black and White. However, Pokemon Gold and Silver were intended to be the last games in the franchise, and only continued due to pressure from the fans. COULD THIS MEAN that Pokemon x and y are the last Pokemon games?

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

No... As long as they are making money they are gonna keep it coming. If they wanted to stop at Gold/Silver, they would have stopped. An they certainly would have stopped when Black/White were gettin bad reviews. Im actually excited for Gen 6 even though I hated Gen 5. I feel they will bounce back and make more money off this one than the last, which means there not gonna stop

No Pokemon X and Y is actually a different game on it's own generation 6 kalos with new Pokemon and I think any person who is a pokemon fan will agree that not only are the games becoming more and more boring in the sense that it's always the same thing with just a few changes and the absolutely unrealistic battles ( I mean do you really think a pokemon will really just watch as a super effective attack is coming ) It would be nice if pokemon x and y was a sequel to gen 1 but it's not so i'm so sorry.

Source(s): my own intellegence

Dude Japan makes alot of money cause of pokemon it makes up 1/6 of it GDP theyre not going to stop making it. pokemon is one of those things that will keep being good because the new genarations of kids sort of like Call of Duty. So no Pokemon will never end even though the Pokemon start to look stupid its still going to be cool for the little kids just look at the 3rd gen all except the legendaries and the Treecko evolutions suck but the 4th gen was alot better and then the 5th wasnt the best but its still better than the 3rd gen so what im basically saying is that if they make the pokemon look stupid in gen 6; gen 7 might be better thus bringing some pokemon fans back.

Game Freak makes a lot more money and pokemon is a growing franchise, Pikachu is one of the faces of nintendo for what 17-18 years? And the head of Game freak said they wnot stop making pokemon unless they stop making money... So Pokemon X and Y are set to be really good games, and I feel Black and White were maketing genius, lower our standards and blow us away with an amazing pokemon game... I think they may stop making 100+ pokemon per game and maybe add a few here or there once they reach like 1000 or you get the yugioh digimon problem.. too many characters to know what to do with all of them. But I dont think they will ever stop making games :P

sounds like you need to lay off the paint and quit sniffing markers.

pokemon is stronger than ever and generations 3 and 4 continued to build on what made the series great. next time you want to ask an idiotic question, do some research first.

listen and listen well, kid. pokemon isn't ending any time soon. so whatever stupid theory you pulled from your a $ $ can go right back where it came.

• Ash6 years agoReport

You are a rude, rude person.

no. pokemon x and y cannot be the last games in the universe of pokemon. new generations come until the creators of pokemon dies. like digimon is being updated to 7th generation and finished. but pokemon still started generation 6. needs improvement...

I seriously doubt that. They will keep releasing until who knows how long and creating random Pokemons to create new pokemon games.

No, pokèmon x and y are just the latest versions. as they have been making games since 1996, I honestly don't think after all those games and series, they are going to stop now. I hope they don't stop because otherwise they'll have to go through me and every other pokèmon fan who has been watching for as long as they can remember

No. Pokemon Alpha ruby and Omega saphire are next..

Doubtful. Every generation after 2nd we thought was going to be the last.