Really good novels/books?

please put what the book/novel is about thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here are some of my favorite novels.

The China Garden by Liz Berry - When Clare goes with her mother to an English estate with dark secrets, she begins an unexpected journey. The ensuing story spins itself into many layers, featuring mystery, fantasy, and romance, all centered around an ancient family feud of which Clare is unwittingly a part. This novel is very rich in detail with a lot of historical and mythological references, so it is not for the faint of heart. For those who like deep stories with realistic romance, this is an outstanding read.

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - Taylor finds herself the leader of her boarding school's Underground Community, whose mission is to battle their counterparts at an all-male Cadet encampment and the public high school. For two decades the three factions have waged a game of negotiation, pranks, and sometimes physical violence for control of paths, places, and facilities. One problem: Taylor might have a crush on the leader of the Cadets. The author weaves in a back story about how the whole war started, and how Taylor is unwittingly tied to it.

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman - In an alternate reality England, white-skinned people, called Noughts, are an underclass minority oppressed by a dark-skinned majority descended of Africans, called Crosses. Nought teenager Callum falls for Sephy, the daughter of a politically powerful Cross. As their romance grows, so does their safety in a society that does not tolerate racial mixing. When Callum's family is implicated in a terrorist act, the lovestruck teens face difficult choices. Regardless of your heritage, this story will lend you a new perspective on race and what it means to be human.

The Shore of Monsters by David Nix - Five generations earlier, a horde of monsters nearly obliterated humanity. All males are dead or ruined by a monster plague; words like 'father' and 'romance' have lost meaning. When teenager Sky joins an expedition to the shore that falls apart, she must survive amongst the monsters that roam the ruins. She gets unexpected help from a very surprising source. Mystery, action, and romance follow.

The Fault in our Stars by John Green - Follows a pair of teen cancer patients coping with the challenge of terminal illness in a world that doesn't understand mortality. Sounds morbid, but the novel is uplifting, witty, and endearing. You will come to love the characters, cry for their pain, and cheer for their bravery. This is an instant classic.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - A child wanders into a graveyard after his parents' murder, where a kindly family of ghosts raise him. Under protection of the graveyard and the watchful eye of Silas, who might be a member of the undead, the boy thrives. His circumstance exposes him to a world of death, ghouls, witches, and monsters, all of which he takes in stride. When his blissful existence is threatened by the return of his parents' murderers, the boy must use his unique knowledge to survive.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - With one of the most unforgettable opening lines of any book, 14 year old Susie Salmon tells the story from heaven of her murder by a psychopath and the devastating consequences it has on her family. Although a grim subject, the story is ultimately one of faith, redemption, and the power of a father's love. The characters are compelling, and the emotion is palpable throughout. Much more uplifting than you might think.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Remarkable story as told by Death, about the young girl Liesel's life through the World War II years. Her family dead or missing, Liesel lives with foster parents in Germany. Stealing books and food provides Liesel an escape from her grim reality, but also leads her to many friendships. Death's narrative adopts a darkly humorous manner that keeps the reader spellbound. The last line of the book is fantastic, but don't peek.

• 8 years ago

The Giver by Lois Lowry

They live in a perfect utopia created by their government and the main character was chosen to be the next giver. The original giver, the person who knows everything, gives him his memories that cause the kid to rebel I guess and run away.

Looking for Alaska by John Green

I can't even describe it. Pudge goes to a new school and meets people that change his life. That's all I can say, but please read it. It's one of the best novels I've ever read and one of the first ones to make me cry.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Gatsby throws the best parties in New York all for a girl that never shows up. Until she does and everything seems to be going well, but then your heart is ripped out of your chest and you can't breathe or finish reading because you're too hurt to even function.

Source(s): I'm the worst at giving descriptions. Please forgive me. However, these are my favorite books in the whole wide world and the list goes on but I'm too lazy.
  • 8 years ago

Cirque Du Freak series...its about a young boy that it turned into a half vampire to save his best friend Steve from being turned into one. But little did he know he was actually starting a war, because Steve wanted to be a vampire so bad...he joined the vampeezes. I know its a weird name but you know it was created by the AMAZEING Darren Shan. Any ways long story short its about vampires...Etc. Very good series, so good that I've read the whole series 3 times.

The Demonata was a very good series. basically a young boys' parents was killed by a demon called lord loss and well he spends his life devoted to killing demons and fighting along his uncle Dervish. This is also a very very great series. You will love them both and they are both by Darren Shan.!

• 8 years ago

http://www.librarything.com/ has book forums and an automated recommendation set up that uses book names and ratings to choose books for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Gardens and the Warrior of Heaven

• 8 years ago

Which types do you like?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.