Portal gun is possible? Help!?

Hello everyone :) Surely you will know the game Portal (or Portal 2). For those of you who do not know, this is a game where you're a girl, Chell, who faces a series of "test chambers". It 'a logic game (more or less). Okay, in this game the main character has a weapon, the Portal Gun, which would be a kind of gun that shoots portals. In practice launches a blue portal and an orange portal, and when you walk through a portal exit on the other. This is an example: http://www.gamesblog.it/post/36249/la-po%E2%80%A6

It 'very nice idea that the Portal Gun, in my opinion. But do you think it could be feasible such a thing? Also make assumptions sci-fi if you want :) I hope at least one answer: D

PS: I'm not American and I do not speak good English, so I apologize for any grammatical errors :)

Favorite Answer

Portal was one of the most innovative games to come along in a while, and it's definitely one of my favorites (it's a great combination of gameplay and skewed humor)... and I say that as someone who has been a die-hard gamer for 20+ years now.

Still, a portal gun isn't really possible. I don't mean that in a fundamental this-will-never-exist way. I have no idea what the future holds, and technological advancement is impossible to predict. If I went back in time and described an iPhone to the child version of myself, I probably would have thought that I was completely crazy. Also, the previous sentence demonstrates how the English language isn't equipped to describe time-traveling scenarios.

With the technology as it stands today, and in the predictable near future, a portal gun isn't possible. We just don't have the ability to manipulate space to that degree. It might work from a theoretical math perspective (or maybe not, I'm not a physicist), but from a practical standpoint, it won't work now or in the future without significant changes in our understanding of physics. Theoretically, wormholes might exist... but it's not certain if a person could step through, or if they could actually be generated (they might involve exotic matter, for example - matter with negative mass, which might not actually exist in the real world).

Still, it's a really neat concept from a sci fi storytelling and a gameplay perspective. I also love how they tied it in to Half Life, with Aperture Science being a rival to Black Mesa in the development of teleportation technology.

First, PS is an abbreviation for Post Script. Thus, it would be P.S. not PS.

Second, your language is so lucid that I wish more American girls were as good as you.

Third, anybody who says a Portal Gun is not possible is defending a negative. You cannot prove a negative.

Forth, a thousand years from now a Portal Gun may come into existence.

Fifth, I hope would be willing to enhance the mental abilities of people in the USA. How? Come to our country.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Portal gun is possible? Help!?

Hello everyone :) Surely you will know the game Portal (or Portal 2). For those of you who do not know, this is a game where you're a girl, Chell, who faces a series of "test chambers". It 'a logic game (more or less). Okay, in this game the main character has a weapon, the Portal...

Source(s): portal gun help: https://biturl.im/eWZTK
  • Dexter

portal gun

Yes it is possible! find a white wall and then cut a oval in it and step through.