Portal gun is possible? Help!?

Hello everyone :) Surely you will know the game Portal (or Portal 2). For those of you who do not know, this is a game where you're a girl, Chell, who faces a series of "test chambers". It 'a logic game (more or less). Okay, in this game the main character has a weapon, the Portal Gun, which would be a kind of gun that shoots portals. In practice launches a blue portal and an orange portal, and when you walk through a portal exit on the other. This is an example: http://www.gamesblog.it/post/36249/la-po%E2%80%A6

It 'very nice idea that the Portal Gun, in my opinion. But do you think it could be feasible such a thing? Also make assumptions sci-fi if you want :) I hope at least one answer: D

PS: I'm not American and I do not speak good English, so I apologize for any grammatical errors :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Portal was one of the most innovative games to come along in a while, and it's definitely one of my favorites (it's a great combination of gameplay and skewed humor)... and I say that as someone who has been a die-hard gamer for 20+ years now.

Still, a portal gun isn't really possible. I don't mean that in a fundamental this-will-never-exist way. I have no idea what the future holds, and technological advancement is impossible to predict. If I went back in time and described an iPhone to the child version of myself, I probably would have thought that I was completely crazy. Also, the previous sentence demonstrates how the English language isn't equipped to describe time-traveling scenarios.

With the technology as it stands today, and in the predictable near future, a portal gun isn't possible. We just don't have the ability to manipulate space to that degree. It might work from a theoretical math perspective (or maybe not, I'm not a physicist), but from a practical standpoint, it won't work now or in the future without significant changes in our understanding of physics. Theoretically, wormholes might exist... but it's not certain if a person could step through, or if they could actually be generated (they might involve exotic matter, for example - matter with negative mass, which might not actually exist in the real world).

Still, it's a really neat concept from a sci fi storytelling and a gameplay perspective. I also love how they tied it in to Half Life, with Aperture Science being a rival to Black Mesa in the development of teleportation technology.

• 8 years ago

First, PS is an abbreviation for Post Script. Thus, it would be P.S. not PS.

Second, your language is so lucid that I wish more American girls were as good as you.

Third, anybody who says a Portal Gun is not possible is defending a negative. You cannot prove a negative.

Forth, a thousand years from now a Portal Gun may come into existence.

Fifth, I hope would be willing to enhance the mental abilities of people in the USA. How? Come to our country.

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Portal gun is possible? Help!?

Hello everyone :) Surely you will know the game Portal (or Portal 2). For those of you who do not know, this is a game where you're a girl, Chell, who faces a series of "test chambers". It 'a logic game (more or less). Okay, in this game the main character has a weapon, the Portal...

Source(s): portal gun help: https://biturl.im/eWZTK
  • Dexter
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

portal gun

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes it is possible! find a white wall and then cut a oval in it and step through.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.