Trouble with wireless router/receiver?

So I just moved my computer into my room, which is on the other side of the house than my router. Mind you, it's not the computer that's causing everything to run slow (it's a $1500 monster) but the weak signal it's receiving. On speedtest.net, it scored a 4 mbps download speed and upload speed. This is 1/5 of the speed I used to get right next to my router. I also have a Asus PCE-N15 Wireless-N PCI-E Adaptor on my computer that has a 300 mbps data rate. I have the equipment, just not the connection.

My question here is: How exactly would I go about getting a stronger wireless signal into my room? Should I get a instant wifi router and repeater, a new router (the one I have is around 6 years old) or just tweak some things? I really need input so any help is really appreciated!

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately to get a better connection and strength you have to move the router/modem around the room. Closer to a Window the connections get better.