What is this young adult book's title?

Man, there was a good series I think it was a trilogy that I loved! It was young adult/for teens. The books were thick! I mean huge! It was about a teenage boy who was a poor, sailor on a flying ship, and he was an inventor too I think. He would send money home to his family, his mom and sisters. He fell in... show more Man, there was a good series I think it was a trilogy that I loved! It was young adult/for teens. The books were thick! I mean huge!

It was about a teenage boy who was a poor, sailor on a flying ship, and he was an inventor too I think. He would send money home to his family, his mom and sisters.
He fell in love with girl, I feel like her name was Piper or Polly or something. Anyway, he fell in love with this rich, upper-class girl with an appetite for adventure and they discovered some type of treasure when they docked the ship. (In later books the girl became a jerk to me. She started liking some snobby guy and the boy started liking a gypsy girl.)

I wish I could remember the title, but I can't even remember the name of the author. I do remember a man wrote the books though.
1 answer 1