Why are some Christians and Muslims so unable to accept abortion?

They aren't babies until 24 weeks they are parasitic clusters of cells that cannot live without the mother, ergo they are part of her body and it is nobody's right to tell a woman what she may or may not choose to do with their bodies- it's her own damn business.

Do these 'pro-life' protesters not realise the damage they may do if they had their way and limited or completely stopped access to Abortions, how dangerous it would be, all the backstreet abortions that would go on which could seriously endanger the life of the mother- Who are you to disregard her life so?

All based on the word of an old book written by man in order to control the masses (especially keeping women below the man). Haven't we evolved past the age where a woman should be chained to the kitchen sink endlessly child rearing. No contraceptives are 100% and people are entitled to any sort of sex life they choose (not kids and animals of course).

A woman should have access to safe abortions whenever she needs one.

You don't like abortions? Don't get one.

• Lv 7
    Best Answer

As you can see, they are just so mind-raped/brain-washed that they can't accept reality...

► The reality that 50% of all pregnancies spontaneously abort.

► The reality that 50% of all pregnancies that survive are unplanned.

► The reality that girls & women forced to carry a pregnancy to term have a staggering rate of ending up on Welfare/Aid & in poverty.

► The reality that girls & women forced to carry a pregnancy to term tend to be unable to finish high school or go to college, setting them up for poverty.

► The reality that girls & women forced to carry a pregnancy to term have a statistically staggering rate of ending up stuck in an abusive relationship that damages both the woman & the child.

Look at all the posters for the Anti-Abortion & Anti-Contraception Crowd. They always show chubby, happy, well cared for, usually white children... Children that have known no pain & known no abuse... Well fed, loved, cared for children.

► The reality is that 1 in 4 children in the US is in an abusive family of origin & that abuse damages their brain development & leads to acting out, which almost always ends up being sexually acting out & THAT leads to more unwanted pregnancies. They don't understand that if we could stop the cycle of unwanted pregnancies, we could make a HUGE dent in child abuse, domestic violence, & poverty in a few short years.

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

▬ What happens to women denied abortions? This is the first scientific study to find out.

http://io9.com/5958187/what-happens-to-women-denie...

▬ What Happens to Women Who Are Denied Abortions?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2013/06/w...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/magazine/study-w...

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

► They don't understand the biology & psychology of trauma that leads to sexual compulsivity & addiction that causes women in particular to act out sexually in dangerous & unhealthy ways that lead to pregnancy! They make it into a "Moral Choice" & tell people to "Just stop fu*king" because THEY don't have the brain damage that causes people to become compulsive.

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

▬ Understanding & Managing Compulsive Sexual Behaviors

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC294584...

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

They don't care about "Children", they care about telling women that they are whores, that they are immoral, satan worshiping scum, & to PUNISH women that act in ways that they don't like.

IF they actually cared about children, they'd support access to contraception for all because that ends up cutting abortion rates dramatically.

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

▬ Study: Free birth control leads to way fewer abortions - CBS News

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57526550/study...

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

IF they actually cared about children, they'd realize that people like these shouldn't have carried the pregnancy to term.

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

▬ Police: Infant died after meth mon invited pedophile boyfriend to rape 14-Month Child

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/18/police-infan...

✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪ ✡ ✞ ☪

& as for "The bible says abortion is wrong", REALLY? Where does it say that, specifically? Because I've read the damned bible & learned about the teachings of the church on this topic prior to modern times & they all contradict the statements of Christians.

"Happy shall he be, that taketh & dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalms 137:9, KJV)

A husband can force an abortion on his wife if he things she cheated on him... & if the fetus is his, it won't abort... The bible says that Joseph could have forced Mary to abort the pregnancy because he knew it wasn't his.

"& when he hath made her drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, & have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, & become bitter, & her belly shall swell, & her thigh shall rot: & the woman shall be a curse among her people. & if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, & shall conceive seed." (Numbers 5:27-28)

The bible says that Jesus will murder pregnant women...

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, & them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. & I will kill her children with death; & all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins & hearts: & I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

• Orla

"They aren't babies until 24 weeks they are parasitic clusters of cells that cannot live without the mother, ergo they are part of her body ". Incorrect, science classes taught me that the mother's antibodies will "fight" against the embryo for up to the 3rd month. The antibodies react naturally against the "intruder" therefore, the embryo is then not considered to be a part of the mother but a whole entity existing within her. However, it is vulnerable and will need his mother till the last month. There are some exceptions with early births but that's not the norm. Morning sickness also makes the future mother feeling nauseous, sometimes vomiting, and tired.

Abortions can be instead turned to adoptions. Many infertile couples would be delighted to become parents to a new baby! When I was pregnant, I felt a mother almost as soon as I was 1 month pregnant. I felt the change in my body, and felt that a living little one was living within me. And in spite of a non planned pregnancy, I could not choose death for her. It was too cruel. In the end, everything worked out. Yes, I suffered, but even if my daughter is not an angel, I still love her. And when I told her about the unplanned pregnancy she is very happy that both of her parents chose life instead of an abortion!

Source(s): iI have been pregnant and read every books about it. But I also remember my classes in school!
  • Gerri

Interesting. But the fact remain its not the mother's body that is harmed and life taken, it is the unborn child. Take into consideration it is a fact the mother is not pregnant with a dog, cat, or turtle but a human being at the earliest part of development. That person IS alive and grows. Therefore, the thought that its no big deal, it's a rightful choice is not correct because that child life as well as the mother belongs to God and he view each equally precious. Though its legal to have abortions according to the world standards we should be concerned about the standards of the Creator, the originator of life, to whom we have an accounting.

• kaz716

Calling them "parasitic clusters of cells" dehumanizes them, not unlike what Hitler did with the Jews, and that won't change the fact that they have a heartbeat, fingerprints, and their own DNA. Who are you to disregard the lives off those babies, just because their mothers don't want to be inconvenienced with a pregnancy that resulted from their CHOICE to have sex (rape notwithstanding). (P.S. There are many Atheists/Agnostics who are pro-life as well as those of other beliefs.)

Don't want a baby? Don't make one.

• PAMELA

You know that everyone has a right to their beliefs and opinions don't you? just like yours ? there are many people who think life begins at conception and who are we to tell them they are wrong? i personally believe that every woman has a right to choose,but that is my opinion and i would not try to force it on anyone else,I beleive if you do not want to be a parent that you should sort your birth control,if both partners are on birth control and use it properly that it is very effective, about 99.8, that is good you know! I quite agree that we cannot go back to the days before abortion was legal,i supported a cousin of mine through that in 1966,a complete nightmare,to this day i am the only one in the family who knows what she went through.

• Basher

Hmm.... well somebody is not telling the truth around here I suspect. If 77% of people in America identify as Christians and there were 333,964 abortions reported by Planned Parenthood in 2012, *tap tap tap... do... the ... math...tap tap* that's an estimated 257,152 abortions performed on Christians on average.

• Well I don't know about the quaran, but the bible doesn't say anything about abortion. As a matter of fact abortion was commonly practiced during biblical times. I guess the reason christians are against it is because they believe the soul enters the body at the moment of conception....so if you abort a fetus you're technically killing a human being. I disagree.

The right of abortion belongs to women and women only, I don't know why religion is trying to stick its nose in other people's business. If you're a religious pregnant woman and you're against abortion than don't have one, but don't dictate how other people choose to live their lives.

• Fuzzy

You address this question to the religious indicating that you are not.

Since you promote the beliefs of the 'survival of the fittest' you obviously do not accept divine restrictions on morality. In other words, you have no restrictions except those you impose yourself; in this case, condoning what is considered murder.

Since that is the case, let's take your evolutionary creed and apply it to its fullest. There is no divine law of morality, Then who is to say that me killing you for my own purposes, even cannibalism, simple greed for money - there is no evil in it for evil does not exist.

Thus, there is no condemnation on Hitler, his SS and the like - for there is no law, there is only what the individual finds profitable.

Why can you not accept where you lawless beliefs lead you? You want us to accept what we consider murder; however, you yourself want to have the right to control what others consider part and parcel of atheism. Look at how the rich utilize this creed and have no qualms about abusing the poor in 3rd world countries where worse than slave laborers work for pittance for extremely long days having barely enough to pay for food nor a place to sleep. This is all applauded by these rich for that is how big business works presently. This is all proper as long as it gives great profits to fat cats in the western, or even eastern, part of the world.

Exploiting the poor, ignoring their plight, is another proof of how the creed of atheism works. How we have the right to establish with it our own rules of conduct no matter what other people think.

Thus, applying your creed to yourself, let's all embrace atheism, abolish murder, theft, and so forth for it is OK to murder, to steal, and much more. Just look at what the nations do in the name of atheism and what kinds of wickedness this world descends into.

However, atheists want us to accept the murder of the innocent, the abuse of the poor, but never the abuse of the middle class, the rich -- themselves. Once their own selves are inconvenienced, endangered - they want to stop applying this creed of theirs. Then they get soooo moral all of a sudden.

As a Christian I observe the teaching in the New and Old Testaments "thou shalt not kill."

To assess the seriousness of abortion those who are for it should go on line and watch the video "The Silent Scream" to see the Christian's point of view.

You mean that it is perfectly fine for it to have been performed on you?

You make a good case if only for one abortion.

Why would anyone want to do abortion? You answer me this thing and you will know why you are wrong.