America can't compete w/ Mexico, Brazil, dozen other countries. Republicans, you make us losers?

Republicans in the House could care any less that millions of Americans go on hungrier, since now that food stamp cuts are not yet in effect most people are not even able to buy enough food for more than 15 days out of the whole month--there being huge inflation in food prices. Except, of course in those states in... show more Republicans in the House could care any less that millions of Americans go on hungrier, since now that food stamp cuts are not yet in effect most people are not even able to buy enough food for more than 15 days out of the whole month--there being huge inflation in food prices. Except, of course in those states in which food is coming in by the boat and truck load from dozens of countries. But what happens to Americans in the heartland? Or in smaller states or states which don't have big trade with these countries?

Republicans are blinded by their fury and obsession to take away as much food stamps as possible, but do they really understand how the U.S. economy will be if they do that?!!! What happens to farmers and others in agricultural business?

Look at this example. The following prices, for produce and fish, are from this week's local smaller chain of supermarkets in my city:

I'm amazed that at least the tomatoes are U.S. grown!!! Everything else is grown in foreign countries:
2 lbs large, salad tomatoes x $1 = U.S.

2lbs malangas x $1 = Ecuador
4lbs bananas x $1 = Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica
2 count, Haitian mangos x $1 = Haiti

Frozen and thawed small shrimp $1 lb bag $4.99 = Thailand
Grouper fish head $1.20 a lb = Mexico
Frozen and thawed Crab claws $5 a lb = Chile
Curvina fish steak $3.40 a lb = Suriname
Boneless Pollock 16 oz $2.75 = China

Last week it was:
12 oz Pollock $1.78 = China
Frozen and thawed huge, shell-on 21 to 25 count shrimp $5.99 = India
Lobster meat $5.28 a lb = Honduras
Whole jack fish, frozen and thawed $1.48 lb = Mexico

Compare that to your own area, and now think what will happen when the poor cannot even afford to buy any of these. The food stamps they use go back into U.S. economy. Do you think any poor person in U.S. can have remotely normal food on their table if it were not for food stamps?!!!
Update: @HOW WOULD I KNOW: As if that "evil" wasn't touching you and all of us. It is NOT Obama or those who voted for him. If Obama was evil--which he is not--we are all under his reign and regime. No matter how hard Republicans try to destroy him, they will destroy themselves and us in the process. Their... show more @HOW WOULD I KNOW: As if that "evil" wasn't touching you and all of us. It is NOT Obama or those who voted for him. If Obama was evil--which he is not--we are all under his reign and regime. No matter how hard Republicans try to destroy him, they will destroy themselves and us in the process. Their time of making filthy wealth is long gone, they better learn to live with it. NO MORE easy wealth for U.S., we're all in the boat together.
Update 2: @HOMER: Thanks for taking the time to come back in & add plenty of info. All humans need money. Some simply go insane over it--while in the process destroying the poor. To make matters worse many Republicans in Congress "ache" because there is a black President (believe me, I'm doing so much reading),... show more @HOMER: Thanks for taking the time to come back in & add plenty of info. All humans need money. Some simply go insane over it--while in the process destroying the poor. To make matters worse many Republicans in Congress "ache" because there is a black President (believe me, I'm doing so much reading), and by slashing food stamps they're getting back at him. Worse yet is they proclaim loud & clear that they're Christians!