Bleach question about the swords?

i watched bleach a little when it started but it lost me early on * as many current shonen anime do* now im watching it every weekend on toonami and im following it okay or as good as u can for just jumping into it but since i missed alot of episodes i missed the stuff with the swords .when i was watching it... show more i watched bleach a little when it started but it lost me early on * as many current shonen anime do* now im watching it every weekend on toonami and im following it okay or as good as u can for just jumping into it but since i missed alot of episodes i missed the stuff with the swords .when i was watching it initially ichigo had what looks like a over sized katana ..then in alot of videos i see he has a sword that looks like a giant knife and now he has well the sword with the... symbol on it that im sure ment peace or something like that but well you know what it looks like now ...
how /why did ichigo change up the swords and is there any significance to eatch of them????
4 answers 4