Do you believe that things happen for a reason?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

When parents loose their kid and kind-hearted people tell them ‘it happened for a reason’ it’s an awful thing to say. God needed their child to die for what possible purpose? In that case God should be put on trial for crimes against humanity.

Sometimes there is no purpose. It’s just our freedom to do evil.

I think the best way of looking at such a problem is that nothing in life is in vane. We could learn and grow, perhaps i we can help others.Who knows?

• 8 years ago

Yes, nothing happens just because. I don't necessarily mean it in a destiny kind of way, more like the butterfly effect way. Every little action determines the future. If say, you pass a test. You didn't necessarily pass the test because you were meant to pass it, you passed it because of the simple reason that you chose to study and focus on passing. So yes, everything happens for a reason and the reason behind it is your actions.

In addition to what I said... If say, you got hit by a car. The reason it happened was because the other driver may not be paying attention and hit you. Or the other driver just wanted to crash his car. Those are reasons to why you got in an accident. So yes everything happens for a reason.

But if youre talking about karma, yes I believe in it. What you put out is what you get in return.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Sort of. I believe that we follow a set path and that everything is predetermined. So I guess yeah things happen for a reason. Every bad thing that happens a good thing comes out of that.

• 8 years ago

i believe a reason happens for things

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Whenever something bad happens to me I always tell myself everything happens for. A reason then I think Why do I deserve this ...

• Yes

• 8 years ago

Yes.

• Victor
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Yes, but these reasons are very reality-based, logical and consequential.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

no. everything happens cuz you made decisions. Only exception to that is when you were an infant.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Cause and effect

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.