Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
10 types of game reserve in nigeria?
Game reserve in nigeria
- EkunLv 48 years agoFavorite Answer
There are 8 major game reserves or game parks in Nigeria. although some major reserves have minor reserves within their borders.
1. Chad Basin: Established in 1991, Chad Basin is located in the Borno and Yobe States. The park includes the Sambisa game reserve and parts of the Hadejia-Nguru wetlands. It is an important sanctuary for migratory birds and a total of 377 species of birds have been recorded.
2. Cross River: The largest rain forest in Nigeria and the oldest surviving one in Africa is located in Cross River National Park. Sharing its name with the state, Cross River also was established in 1991 and has the highest tropical biodiversity in Africa. Twenty percent of the world's total known species of butterflies reside in Cross River.
3. Gashaka Gumti: The largest national park in Nigeria, established in 1991, is located in the Taraba and Adamawa states and along the Cameroon border. It contains grasslands as well as the country's highest peak, Chappal Waddii known as the "Mountain of Death," with an elevation of 7,936 feet.
4. Kainji: Established in 1979, Kainji is the oldest national park. The second largest park can be found in the Niger and Kwara states. Inside the park, visitors will find the Kainji Lake, the Borgu and Zugurma game reserves.
5. Kamuku: Established in 1999. It is populated with a large variety of birds, as well as elephants, roan antelopes, mountain reedbucks, side stripped hyenas and jackals. It is located in Kaduna State.
6. Okomu: Established in 1999, and is the second largest rain forest in Nigeria. It is located in Edo State is a great place for bird and primate watching.
7. Old Oyo: Established in 1991, has largest collection of archaeological and cultural sites (including ancient royal cemeteries) and located in Old Oyo
8. Yankari: Premier game reserve, has largest collection of elephants and opened to the public in 1962. It is located in Bauchi StateSource(s): me, I have been to a few. http://www.ehow.com/info_8284803_list-game-reserve...
- 8 years ago
- Anonymous5 years ago