Do you think The Purge could work?

I've been thinking about it for a while, and I wanted to get your opinion, here's basically how it works:

One night a year, 12 hours a day, you can go out, and commit any crime you want. A main target in these "purgings" are the homeless. Killing them takes the homelessness rate down, at the same time the crime rate.

Do you think it could pull off?

No, the government would never allow it to happen first off. It is not always the homeless that are attacked. It is a 12 hour time frame where you can do anything you want, which also includes rape, stealing, killing, using any weapon grade 4 or lower. Birth rates would sky rocket and so would abortion. It is a horrible way to bring down crime. It would never work in todays world for one fact. If a person is evil or would act in this way 12 hours will not subdue these feelings.

I loved the movie but do not believe it would be real in todays world

Source(s): Check out my movie review site at http://izombiesmoviereview.weebly.com/ Enjoy the show!

As stated in the movie, the poor cannot protect themselves during the Purge. They are killed off, and so unemployment (the poor) is down to 1%, and crime is at an all-time low. I do believe it could work. But would I want it? Absolutely not.

No, I don't think so. Despite the fact it.might do some good its kind of against common moral values. Because even if there homeless there still people. Granted the government is ok will killing innocent people I'm there own country but here...not really.

Source(s): =^.^= internet cat

No, There would be people like the kid who would have moral objections to it. The only way it would work is that the people elected to power destroy our present government and move us into a totalitarian form of government. Then maybe.

What if your mum never got home in time ? Would you think its a good idea then ?

Source(s): Soft question gets and basic answer.

Yes.