To drink or not to drink? (high school prom)?

On friday after prom my friend is having an after-prom do and on the facebook event she's asked people to bring their own drinks. I've had alcohol before but never been drunk or wanted to be since I don't like the taste of alcohol or the idea of being drunk. There are other reasons I don't want to... show more On friday after prom my friend is having an after-prom do and on the facebook event she's asked people to bring their own drinks. I've had alcohol before but never been drunk or wanted to be since I don't like the taste of alcohol or the idea of being drunk. There are other reasons I don't want to get drunk there: its only going to be a small-ish group of girls, I'm on a diet, I'm saving money and my only way of getting it is via my parents, who know my feelings towards alcohol and will presume I'm being peer pressured, resulting in an argument. It just doesn't seem worth it. Should I just tell my friends I'm not drinking, have a proper discussion with my parents and persuade them, ask a friend to get some alcohol for me or make up some kind of excuse?
4 answers 4