what is the current usmc/army uniform ?

I saw a bunch of helmets...MICH LWH ACH and ECH

which helmets are for the army and which for the marines ? I know PASGT got replaced by ach long time ago.But ach mich and ech looked ridiculous to me...it doesn't cover your head at all....I prefer my head be protected by LWH(lighter pasgt) at least it lool like it's a helmet...

Why military changing helmets every two years ?

And what are your thoughts about current helmets ?

Favorite Answer

The Army uses the ACH, Marines use the LWH.

Both branches are eventually going to switch to the ECH, which is basically an ACH made of a newer composite that is supposed to be significantly tougher than the one we use now without becoming too cumbersome.

The ACH as well as the various helmets used by USSOCOM are derived from the MICH TC-2000 and TC-2002. They're less cumbersome and less restrictive on head movement than the PASGT and the LWH.

That tells you all you need to know about which one is more liked between the two.

There are always new designs and lighter materials being used for new helmets.

From the OPS Core to the Spec Ops, I notice helmets getting higher cuts on every round.

I was used to wearing a PASGT and MICH but after trying some of the other less restrictive helmets

(spec ops delta) I found that they were more comfortable and lighter weight. The padding and strapping system combined did not allow the helmet to fall over my eyes.

This is just my personal opinion and I have not field tested the newer models, just tried them on.