Filing for unemployment in Washington state while on vacation in another state?

I am filing for unemployment right now and don't know whether I will even get it or not, but I have a vacation coming up in a couple weeks where I will be in Montana for a month...can I still get unemployment from Washington state while I am in Montana for a month?? Or if I do get approved before I go can I still file while in Montana or call each week from a different state? I read on line that you can also call and stop the unemployment while you're on vacation and then resume once you're back in town, is that true? I have been looking online but am still not sure what the answer is.. Any chance someone could help me out??

• Bobbie

You do have to be actively seeking jobs and also be available when and IF a job offer did become available to you during each week while you are filling out your form each week for this purpose and time in your life. OK.

BUT ask the people that do work at the UI office to make sure that you do get the CORRECT answer and information while you are applying for the UI benefits at that time in your life.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 06/18/2013

• tro

are you available to work in Wash while on Vacation? I believe that is one of the questions that you must respond on your weekly claim, you have to be looking for work and available to do so,

on vacation is hardly available for work

I am puzzled how someone unemployed can be on vacation

You wouldn't get benenfits while you are on vacation, as in odred to get UE, you must be looking for a job and able to accept a job...which you are not doing and cannot do on vacation

• Judy

You're not eligible for benefits while you're on vacation, but can resume when you're back looking for a job.