Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 7 years ago

Can someone translate this latinized Chineese text to English?

Rugou ni zhende keyi jiang zhongwen hua, ni gen wo liaotian ma. Wo hui kan chi lai ni keyi bu keyi.

Update:

What's an appropriate response in latinized Chinese?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you really can speak chinese, then have a conversation with me. I will be able to tell if you really can.

Source(s): learning chinese for 15+yrs
  • tl;dr
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Rugou ni zhende keyi jiang zhongwen hua, ni gen wo liaotian ma. Wo hui kan chi lai ni keyi bu keyi.

means:

If you can really speak Chinese, just chat with me, right? I'll be able to tell if you can or not.

Rugou ni zhende keyi jiang zhongwen hua,

if you really can speak Chinese

breakdown:

ru-guo*(check your pinyin)--if

ni--you

zhen-de--really

ke-yi--can

jiang--speak/say

zhongwen--Chinese

(de) hua--in the case that/if

rug-guo...de-hua--somewhat redundant phrase that means "if it is the case that/if"

ni gen wo liaotian ma

you speak with me--ma

ni--you

gen--with

wo--me

liao-tian--chat

ma--rhetorical sentence-final particle: "why don't you"/"isn't it"/"it's obvious that"...

Wo hui kan chi lai ni keyi bu keyi.

I'll see if you can or not.

wo--I

hui--will

kan chu*-lai (check your pinyin)--be able to see/be able to tell

ni--you

keyi--can

bu--not

keyi--can

ke bu keyi--set phrase meaning "can or not"

I'm not sure if it is pinyin transcription errors on your part, or the original writing of this person but the prhase "keyi bu keyi" is not something a native speaker would say, and is an error, strictly speaking.

Anyway, that's the breakdown. It seems you're having some sort of discussion in a pinyin chat room like zhongwen.com. I can understand you might be hesitant to give any further context, but hey--I could come to your chat room and help you out, I'm fluent after all. Cheers.

Source(s): freelance CHN(ZH)-EN translator
  • 4 years ago

De ketsu the analog of busaiku of wa of the lily which is not not kimochiwarui of kanari of shite of nioi ga there with that. Thing and damatte which shine and the coming and come and come. modottekonaide of the mou Ikara Philippines NI

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.