What's the matter with Kids today? Or is it the Parents?

News

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-man-says-4-kids-vandalize...

A man who says he caught four boys vandalizing his father-in-law's home has been charged with child endangerment after corralling them in a closet until police arrived.

Jesse Daniels was arraigned on four counts of endangering the welfare of a child after authorities say he interrupted the vandalism at the empty home in the Wayne County village of Clyde, midway between Rochester and Syracuse.

Daniels, 53, told WHAM-TV in Rochester that he heard pounding coming from the home next door the night of June 8. The house is empty while Daniels renovates it for his father-in-law.

Daniels said he went to investigate while his wife called 911. He said he found four boys, ages 8 and 10, inside with hammers. He took a hammer from one, then stuck the boys in a closet until officers arrived, he said.

"I was fortunate that they were in that room that had a closet, so I put them in the closet," he said. "I said, 'Listen, you guys are staying here until the police come, period.'"

Their parents said Daniels handled the boys roughly and threatened them with the hammer.

The damage to the home included holes in the walls, broken windows and graffiti derogatory to women spray-painted on walls. Daniels estimated that the damage to his father-in-law's property exceeds $40,000.

He said he believed the boys committed the vandalism in retaliation for Daniels' wife telling them earlier in the day to stay off the couple's property.

The boys have been charged with burglary and criminal mischief. Their cases are being handled in Wayne County Family Court.

Paul Bowler, the father of two of the boys, told the station that there are no excuses for his sons' actions.

"I understand they were in the wrong, but there are other ways to handle it," he said. "He (Daniels) knew who the kids were. It's not like they were strangers. And send the kids home and call the cops then. You don't sit there and torment them and tell them you're going to bash their skulls in with a hammer."

Bowler said Daniels grabbed the neck of one of his sons and left a mark. He said that his boys are traumatized and that Daniels should have faced more charges.

Daniels counters that he was just trying to protect his family.

Daniels is due back in court later this month. It wasn't immediately clear if he has a lawyer.

Wayne County District Attorney Richard Healy told the station that the incident is still under investigation.

$40,000 worth of damage and I should feel sorry for these kids "IF" they were a little roughed up? The police came couldn't been forever that were locked up in a closet. They would have ran otherwise.

comment there

These parents need to focus on the misbehaviors of their children and stop making excuses don't you think. So he held them in a closet until the police came. What is wrong with this police department, haven't they ever heard of common sense. If I were the parent I would be a lot more concerned about why my child is breaking into my neighbors house. they seem very young for that activity.

I hit a ball in a window once and my parents beat me all the way home. I survived !!

But what do you think? Bad Morals of one or both?

Or do you think he was in the wrong

" if he sent them home, they could deny doing it. " You know they would of--good comment !

I wonder if he threaten them at all, or just the kids making that up. And the parents going along with it.

Lee, I understand what your saying but that much damage the police NEEDED to be called.

Favorite Answer

Dear Friend,

Amazing how there are people who do not want to believe what the Bible tells us, but it is no coincidence that Proverbs 21:2, 3 says, "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice."

2 Timothy 3:1-4 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Isaiah 5:20, 21 says, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!"

Once a person and/or persons break the law ...their freedom is to CEASE and they no longer have RIGHTS. FINIS!

What is happening is a rebellion against "authority." Man wants to be his 'own' god with NO boundaries. Just make up your own along the way and stick with it. But, what is really happening is parents are teaching their children that they can get away with most anything these days. However, we are turning into a dangerous chaotic society.

God established His principles for man to live a safe, abundant life in Him. But man, since Adam and Eve, have rebelled against authority. Ultimately there is always consequences for rebellion.

God's principles of life are universal and non-optional. Everyone in the world is subject to them. If a person obeys God's principles he or she will experience God's blessings, rewards. If a person disobeys God's principles, he or she will experience God's wrath of consequences. These benefits or consequences also affect children and grandchildren. Exodus 20:5

Parents are to be "good" role models for their children. Parents are to be in authority over children and set down wholesome guidelines and rules for children to follow. Biblical principles; which work.

Today, you have parents who want to be "buddies," with their children and the children grow up angry and dysfunctional because they need structure and discipline in their lives.

It is the church's fault for not teaching parents how they are supposed to be parents. How to spouses are to love one another in order to display love to their children. Parents are to teach how to love and have admonition for a Holy, Just and Righteous God Who is in Authority over ALL of us. Then the parents are to display Godly authority, then the church, and the community and so on.

You break the law, you are supposed to lose "ALL" your ...RIGHTS! If we don't set examples that breaking the law is unacceptable, we are in for "worse" times.

2 Timothy 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Blessings,

• Lee K

Nobody knows how to treat each other anymore.

If the man knew the kids' parents, he should have taken them into his home and called them. When the parents arrived, they should have discussed what would be done about the damages and the boys' activities.

I'm assuming no one in the mix was calm, patient, kind and firm but non-violent. No police needed to be called unless the owner of the house decided to file the report for the insurance claim due to all the damages.

God only knows what was said in a court room where the man who had temporary custody of the boys is being charged or what happened to the kids when they were caught. We also do not know what the parents said nor how the boys behaved when they were caught red-handed. 8-10 years old. Holy mackerel, there must be some poor parenting there. Mine were always asleep late at night....and if they weren't, I certainly knew it.

I don't think he should have let them go as it wouldn't be harder for him court. So it's good he called the police and than it is a matter of record.

If I had done something like that when I was young my parents would have rough me up far worst, he would have been the least of my problems. And I had great parents.

I think it's natural parenting instinct to defend your children, but to this extent and damage these kids did--no wrong. Sadly, most parents seem to be like that now. Their parents always make excuses for them and they grow up never learning how to take responsibility for their own actions.

The sad thing is we all pay for that in insurance premiums that have gone up and up, and much do to vandalism. That's an insult to all of us.

• I would have done the same as him.

Paul foretold the current breakdown of morality and human society. He said that “the last days” would be characterized by disloyalty, the absence of “natural affection,” and disobedience to parents, even among those “having a form of godly devotion.”—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

I don't think he should have threatened them with the hammer but it was okay to put them in the closet. That is a citizen's arrest. Plus if he sent them home, they could deny doing it. He wanted to keep them where they were, as proof that they were the ones who did it.

2 Tim 3:1-5 describes signs of the "last days" and juvenile delinquency is one of them.

problematic thing look into on google or bing just that can help

ain't nobody got time for that.