Syrian Civil War. Which side is the "correct" side?

I have my audition for a MUN in school tomorrow. We've been given the topic "Syrian Crisis". We're supposed to choose a country, and talk about what we can do to stop the war. Before choosing a country, I need to choose a side. Rebels, or the government forces? I'm really confused... show more I have my audition for a MUN in school tomorrow. We've been given the topic "Syrian Crisis".

We're supposed to choose a country, and talk about what we can do to stop the war.

Before choosing a country, I need to choose a side. Rebels, or the government forces?

I'm really confused about it, since I can't figure out who is good who is bad. The world seems to be supporting the rebels, with US and UK to supply small arms and ammunition to rebels. Obama says that Assad's forces are using chemical weapons, whereas an independent study by the UN says that in fact the rebels have been using chemical weapons.

Assad's forces seem to be gaining momentum right now. People are supporting him. Why are people supporting him? I know Hezbollah is a militia organization but how is it involved?

Is this war about dethroning Assad or a Shia-Sunni sects?

What's the UN doing amongst all this?

I had initially chosen to be Russia. Russia currently is supporting Assad. Russia's been earning billions of dollars by selling arms and ammunition to Syria. There are reports that strongly suggest it's the rebels who are bad. Chemical weapons, unorganized forces, destruction. People say they're from Al Qaeda, trained by CIA, etc etc theories.

What's your opinion? Who do you think is doing the right thing?