RHH: Official Hip Hop Q&A?

Are you a bit confused in today's world of Hip Hop? Not sure who you should be listening to, or who is dope and who's a joke? Well fear not, this is the *Original* "Ask me a question" question by yours truly where you too can become knowledgeable in this thing called rap. So whatever Hip Hop... show more Are you a bit confused in today's world of Hip Hop? Not sure who you should be listening to, or who is dope and who's a joke? Well fear not, this is the *Original* "Ask me a question" question by yours truly where you too can become knowledgeable in this thing called rap. So whatever Hip Hop related question is on your mind young padawans, ask away and let the info sink in.
Update: @Jana: Knowledge and Stealth
Update 2: @Eric: Gift of Gab
Update 3: @Esco: No (although a lot of the sounds people label as "Southern" actually have roots in other places and people). Hip Hop and music in general is slowly coming to learn that bigger success is found in innovation and collaboration (just look at 50 Cent these days), meaning that any single sound will not... show more @Esco: No (although a lot of the sounds people label as "Southern" actually have roots in other places and people). Hip Hop and music in general is slowly coming to learn that bigger success is found in innovation and collaboration (just look at 50 Cent these days), meaning that any single sound will not be able to dominant the market(s) in the future.
Update 4: @M-Starks: Factor, Nujabes, Chief Xcel.
Update 5: @The Homie: 1: His constant ability to push the boundaries of putting words together, rap delivery and song writing - all at the same time. Plus he picked one of the best producers of all time to be his music partner, this creating for the best discography in Hip Hop, which some artists don't seem to get... show more @The Homie:

1: His constant ability to push the boundaries of putting words together, rap delivery and song writing - all at the same time. Plus he picked one of the best producers of all time to be his music partner, this creating for the best discography in Hip Hop, which some artists don't seem to get credit for these days (under the presumption the beat and the lyrics are just two separate components).

2: I love the current state of Hip Hop and it loves me.

3: Enter essentially any rapper on Pocos Pero Locos tonight. Although this is purely in a musical sense.
Update 6: @Nelson: Of course, my collection of LA/Bay Area music is gigantic for a reason. The Grouch is the best LL member overall, but Eligh's best projects are better than any other member's best projects.
Update 7: @l.e.b.: TBA. School and some other projects have been getting in the way, along with some other musical things that I've been working on. It'll be worth the wait though. I'll say this - I had to cut a 2Mex verse out of the song (it'll probably be used for another joint I'll drop)...that's... show more @l.e.b.: TBA. School and some other projects have been getting in the way, along with some other musical things that I've been working on. It'll be worth the wait though. I'll say this - I had to cut a 2Mex verse out of the song (it'll probably be used for another joint I'll drop)...that's how good the other verses were.
Update 8: @Dick B: A laundry list of things, honesty is the most important ingredient though.

And yes, our lives and everything we do are necessarily intertwined, meaning you can never separate music from the countless contexts in which it exists.
Update 9: @LastWrites: One hit wonders have always existed in just about every thing in life, especially music. With technology, however, and the consumers ability to pick and choose what they listen to from an endless amount of sources (and artists' ability to create great pieces of work with nothing but a laptop),... show more @LastWrites: One hit wonders have always existed in just about every thing in life, especially music. With technology, however, and the consumers ability to pick and choose what they listen to from an endless amount of sources (and artists' ability to create great pieces of work with nothing but a laptop), trends are destined to become more fluctuated. I have no real problem with this though because it's up to the artist to reach *and keep* his/her fanbase. You can't blame it on the listener or scary corporations.
Update 10: @Chobama: I'd recommend reading Hilary Putnam's "Brain in a vat" essay/chapter in order to deal with the issue. The answer depends upon understanding the holistic nature of our beliefs and language. When we do this, we realize that Inception-esque skepticism defeats itself.
Update 11: @Sono: Daddy Kev hands down.
Update 12: @Swoope: It's not wrong, but not required.
Update 13: @Jordan: 1. 2.5/5. He basically just changed his style to mimic Earl, Wiz Khalifa, Ricky Ross and even Everlast as he knew Macklemore essentially destroyed his lane in the frat rap circle. A good collection of solid beats though. I lol'd at the Loaded Lux feature too. 2. Your willingness to keep writing. 3.... show more @Jordan:

1. 2.5/5. He basically just changed his style to mimic Earl, Wiz Khalifa, Ricky Ross and even Everlast as he knew Macklemore essentially destroyed his lane in the frat rap circle. A good collection of solid beats though. I lol'd at the Loaded Lux feature too.

2. Your willingness to keep writing.

3. Eminem is one of the best rappers of all time, but there's no denying his current product is not worth the listen.
Update 14: @Ron Ron: Trap music itself doesn't have much room for growth or diversity so it's not something worth staying updated on.
Update 15: @Only: Film - Nas
Update 16: @Nacirema: It would depend on the measure of the bar. Busdriver can rap faster than the Log Cabin boys and GoG though.
Update 17: @NoOffense: Well in terms of solely time, Meen Green just dropped an album with Supherb (Titled "Hollyweed") that's solid. I haven't heard from Meen Green in a long minute (his last official album was in 2001). In terms of quality, Noah23's "Fry Cook On Venus" comes to mind, that... show more @NoOffense: Well in terms of solely time, Meen Green just dropped an album with Supherb (Titled "Hollyweed") that's solid. I haven't heard from Meen Green in a long minute (his last official album was in 2001). In terms of quality, Noah23's "Fry Cook On Venus" comes to mind, that came after a string of mediocre albums and ended up being his best album to date (and the rest of his stuff since has been solid for the most part).
Update 18: @RapFan: Time. Look for updates though.

@Madliberator: "Sincerely Yours" by Bomb Zombies, and yes, Nocando and Busdriver both have solid discographies.