Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 years ago

Windows or Mac, Which is best for gaming?

Well i want a pc that extreme for gaming. No price limit, Ill work my way up to buying one. So i watched the new video on the Mac Pro 2013. If u havent seen it. The specs are far out. So since I saw that video.. Ive been thinking well, Windows hasnt done sh!t for me like that. Mac Pro 2013 say its a 12 proccessor system with 2gpu's and the numberd are in GB per seconds. Sounds nice. So unless theres a really good reason to stay with Windows Im thinking about leaving it for Mac. Windows is just not living up to my standards of gaming. From watching that video its changed my perspective. So yeah that pc will probably be a couple grand. Unless, How are the Macs now my ideal pc is something that can hold an extreme amount of ram. Even if ram is just sitting there. The best processor, and definitely not windows 8. Vista and 7 are fine. Unless theres a Mac thats out right now that makes Windows gaming Pcs look like leftover parts.

Favorite Answer

@ the dimwits who are shouting "Windows", read at least SOMETHING in the past seven years about technology to understand that Macs can run Windows. Duh!!!!

In general, Apple does not concentrate on game playing aspects in designing their computers. They have a much more graphics / video approach. Game playing is about 90% graphics card, 10% processor and RAM, 0% other. Apple has a lot of emphasis on "other", such as Firewire 800, EFI firmware, high quality case design, glass trackpad (notebook), high pixel density screen, etc.

The new Mac Pro is not available yet. It will be released in a few months. Apple says it will have "AMD FirePro workstation-class GPU with up to 6GB of dedicated VRAM". That sure as heck would be great for playing with games, but expect the same graphics to be available by then for PCs as well. Similar 6GB cards are now available (GeForce GTX Titan, AMD Radeon HD 7990).

<0-0>

As others will little question say, there is no longer that many video games for the Mac. Of the examples you element out, there are Mac variations, yet maximum video games received't have. or maybe even as they do, they typically might want to be ported which takes time. subsequently, if gaming is any type of precedence to you, you want homestead windows. in spite of the undeniable fact that, that would not unavoidably recommend you desire a homestead windows pc. in case you quite do desire a Mac, do not forget, Macs can run homestead windows too. twin boot it (with the help of Boot Camp) and also you could also run each and each and every of the homestead windows video games you opt for. it really is what I do. There are downsides for sure. no longer least of which none of Apple's pcs are kickass gaming rigs. For hardcore recreation enthusiasts, a Mac would not fit their invoice. yet for something human beings, a 15" Macbook professional or iMac will do a good adequate pastime... for a fee, for sure. you in basic terms would favor to usually turn the element element down a notch or 2 for more desirable graphically huge video games. you in basic terms favor to opt for it really is more desirable substantial to you; having a accurate end gaming rig for a modest fee, or the alternative of OS X?

If you have no price limit go online and build it you can have 4 graphics cards each being 4x more powerful than the mac pro. You really should go with windows especially for gaming or even linux. anything but a mac. also most games arent even out for mac because well gamers dont like macs. also games downloaded on the appstore are not going to be well good.

Windows

It really depends on the games... It is a lot easier on the Mac in my opinion. You can download games from the app store, so it is all right there and you don't have to worry about discs.

I highly suggest the Macbook Pro..

Source(s): Personal Experience

Windows trust me!

you can allways upgrade to windows 8 if needed