OFFICIAL NEW BIG THREE?

Because of Bleach's ending a while back there was a loss in the big three of anime so Me and the other heads of the Yahoo Answers Comics and Animation are pleased to present you the new big three anime after months of deliberation. The new big three is....

Naruto

One Piece

and Hunter x Hunter

What do you guys think? Please be descriptive and detailed to be chosen as best answer

• Hiei
    Best Answer

Lol, well I think it's a matter of opinions. I bet you if the current arc in Bleach were to be animated, it would kick off Hunter X Hunter in your so called "Big Three" list. What about when the Fairy Tail anime returns? What about Toriko? It seems to be really popular especially since it did some crossovers with One Piece and DBZ.

Some other people, like myself have their own Big lists of anime.

My Big Ten-

Dragon Ball Z

Yu Yu Hakusho

Rurouni Kenshin

One Piece

Naruto/Shippuden

Bleach

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

D. Gray-Man

Fairy Tail

Ao No Exorcist

Ok, talk about this a little.

First, upon who's directive are you a 'head of Yahoo Answers Comics and Animation'. I'm looking around on your profile here and I cant seem to see any badge or information of the sort which states that. Taking a quick look at the leaderboard...1: no, 2: no.... oh, theres me at number 6.... nope sorry cant seem to see you there either.

Second, even assuming you ARE what you claim, what manner of bearing does Y!A's C+A section have on the whole of anime fandom in general? I'm sorry if I'm bursting a bubble of self-importance here, but 'the big three' is not a concept native to yahoo answers, so nobody here has the right nor privilege of deciding what the 'new big three' is.

Third, the 'big three' has nothing to do with the anime. This particular titular set has to do with them manga that dominated the shonen jump manga magazine for a significant period, their respective anime adaptations have nothing to do with the title. What you have to understand about 'the big three' is that it is a title of award, an honor if you will, not an interchangeable ranking system used to describe the most popular Jump adaptation of the day which, for that matter, nobody seems to be able to actually decide on anyway.

• l

The big three is a title given to Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach. That title is exclusive to those manga. It doesn't matter if something comes along and surpasses all three put together in popularity and sales, it still won't be a part of the big three because that title is meant for the three most popular titles at this point in time of history. It's not as though the big three is something that is interchangeable. Naruto and Bleach are both ending. The big three was a title given to those three series that happened to be unbelievably popular at the same time and happened to gain monumentally large fan bases which dominated the manga community in an overwhelming way while they were (and are) popular. Nothing can take either Bleach or Naruto's spot because they weren't a part of that pop culture phenomenon at the point in time in which the big three were.

People have tried to make it "the big four" or "the big six" and replace Bleach when its popularity fell because they don't understand the true purpose of that title. Replacing those titles and calling them the big three is never going to stick in the anime community. The big three dies with Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach. I'm just saying, I'm in no way sentimental about the big three.

Besides, the biggest manga doesn't have to be counted in threes. As I've told you, that number only came about because three series happened to be really popular at that time. Just because one is ending doesn't automatically mean that something is going to fill its throne.

• MJ

why do you guys make that decision? its the fan base that makes that decision. when someone talks about the Big 3, they are talking about One Piece, Naruto and Bleach. A new Big 3 will occur when one of the series ends. Last time I checked all 3 of them are still ongoing.

I think the new third is Toriko because it has a bigger fanbase in Japan, it's not a remake of an old show, and it has over a hundred episodes already and has crossovered to One Piece and DBZ