Teen book (16-20) with reckless teens, violance, and love?

Ok so i just read "Venomous" by Christopher Krovatin and automatically fell inlove with the book, it had it all; reckless teens, romance, violance, ciggarettes, everything i love to read in a book. Now im trying to find another book that has the same concept. I just ordered Heavy Metal and You by him as well but im trying to find something good, preferably fiction but anything'll do!

Or it can be something a little different, like a book that caught my intrest was about a teenage boy falling in love with a ghost. So anything with the dark-teenager kind of scheme will be great! Even Captivated (an affliction novel) a book about a girl falling inlove with a reckless vampire looked good (but no Twilight please) thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Alice
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Try Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole and its sequel Nokosee & Stormy: Love & Bullets. Both are contemporary "pre-dystopian" books where the world is on the tipping point of environmental collapse written from a 17-year-old girl's POV. Stormy Jones, the girl in the stories, is a tsundere character (as is Nokosee) that will stick with you for a long time.

Hick by Andrea Portes. Teenage Luli is fed up with her drunken parents brawls and decides to leave Nebraska for Las Vegas. Along the way, a wily con artist and a sullen cowboy each try to lay claim to the conflicted girl's future. Also a 2011 movie starring Chloe Moretz and Blake Lively.

Last Summer by Evan Hunter (The Blackboard Jungle) is one of the great coming-of-age books about teen sex of all time. This 1968 book follows the random activities of four teens during a summer on Fire Island. Rhoda is shy and overweight and targeted for teasing by the others. As sexual tensions increase, the more experienced and dominant Sandy encourages Dan and Peter to rape Rhoda. Released in 1969 as an X-rated movie starring Richard Thomas and Barbara Hershey, it was later cut to an "R." Unfortunately, it is not available for home viewing.

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. A moving story inspired by true events about the suicides of five teenage sisters as told from the viewpoint (for the most part) of randy teenage boys who try to explain it all. Also made into a move starring Kirsten Dust and directed by Sophia Coppola.

The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll. Jim's a poet first and this is his first book just out of high school, a horrifying and sobering account of "growing up hip" in NYC while a high school basketball star and drug addict. It was made into a movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

Maya's Notebook by Isabel Allende is a wild ride of a coming-of-age story set in LA, Las Vegas, and a small island off of Chile. An extreme case of teen angst and grief following the death of her grandfather hurls 19-year-old Maya into a life of drugs, alcohol, and crime. With the FBI and Interpol hot on her trail, her grandmother helps Maya escape to a remote island off of Chile with a blank notebook to record the "monumental stupidities" in her life with the hope she'll learn something.

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan. This fast-paced thriller concerns two disparate friends. Sam Hopkins is a pastor's kid with a rebellious streak. Jennifer, his classmate, suffers from visions of demons and voices in her head. When Jennifer warns Sam about an impending massacre, he must choose whether to believe his disturbed friend or not—at the risk (if she is correct and he does nothing) of allowing hundreds to die. Early on in the book, Sam is moved by a Latin phrase he finds on a small statue of an angel: recte age nil time. That is, do right; fear nothing. This is the dubious, flickering star that guides Sam's path—and provides the central tension of Klavan's novel. There doesn't seem to be anything Sam won't do in attempting to do right—whether that is starting fights, trespassing, stealing cars, or evading the police. Review from Image.

• lieser
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Listed below are some books I've read that I think could support you :) The Morganville Vampire sequence - through Rachel Caine The Drake Chronicles - Alyxandra Harvey Wolves of Mercy Falls series - Maggie Stiefvater Books of Faerie sequence - Maggie Stiefvater strange Angels series - Lili St. Crow The Nightworld series - L.J Smith under no circumstances chunk A Boy On a first Date - Tamara Summers The Demon's Lexicon - Sarah Rees Brennan The Demon’s Covenant - Sarah Rees Brennan The Blue Blood sequence - Melissa de Cruz The Mortal devices series - Clarissa Clare Parasite constructive - Scott Westerfeld The final Days - Scott Westerfeld The dark Divine sequence - Bree Despain Immortal liked - Cate Tiernan Abandon - Meg Cabot The Vampire Stalker - Allison van Diepen

• 8 years ago

You'll love this one, it's about homeless teenage ravers in nyc . . . I loved it!

Together: Friday Nights At The Roxy by Majeedah Thomas

http://www.amazon.com/Together-Friday-Nights-at-Ro...

• 8 years ago

Tiffe serise was amazing! that's really the only one I can think of.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.