Why can't I change my avatar photo and username?

If I go to anyone else's 'profile'... it shows their avatar photo and username which they will be able to change if they want to. When I go into MY profile... this is what I get... Settings This is the central place to manage your Yahoo! identity and social connections. It's impossible to... show more If I go to anyone else's 'profile'... it shows their avatar photo and username which they will be able to change if they want to.
When I go into MY profile... this is what I get...

Settings
This is the central place to manage your Yahoo! identity and social connections.

It's impossible to change my avatar photo or username on there... is it just me or has anyone else got the same problem?

I used to have a photo and username... but many months ago both disappeared and I'm left with this silhouette and '?' .

Can anyone help?

I've asked Y!A but received no reply.
Update: Y!A have replied and think there's a problem with my 'Global Y ' account..... They've given me a link to try to open.... I'll try later on.