Do you enjoy chasing rainbows?

Do you have a good rainbow chasing strategy?

I'm fond of the Highland Charge, myself.

Favorite Answer

It is a common misconception that you have to run to catch a rainbow. In fact, the only way to catch a rainbow is to make it come to you. What we find at the end of a rainbow is a pot of gold. With me so far? Good! Who guards and claims this pot of gold? That's right, a leprechaun. (Just shout out the answer if you know it.) And how do you catch a leprechaun? Of course! You put out a bowl of Lucky Charms. There ya go.

A simple understanding of optics would teach you that you can't actually catch a rainbow, since the viewer's position is one of the factors in where a rainbow shows up. In other words, as you move towards a rainbow, it will move somewhere else, or even disappear.

Okay, yeah that answer was a downer. Let me try again: one time from my office I saw a rainbow lying flat just over a particularly misty part of the river. Looked like nothing I had seen before. I would've chased it but I had tax forms to fill out.

I am still sober,yes I am.

So I find it worthless to chase but to sing somewhere over the rainbow,

yes that is fine for me,fur.

I'm fond of "time" yes I am.HEHE

But if you're asking this as in funny question,I must say that

I would keep on driving until I find the end of the rainbow.

• I got very close to one once in the mountains on Skye. It was what is known as a Brocken Spectre, where one's shadow is encircled by a rainbow. It was so near that I felt I could walk over to it and touch it - but then it would have moved of course.

Rainbows are cunning chaps, in league with the Fairies by all accounts. I saw the end of a rainbow once, in a field in Wales. There was no pot of gold, but there were some smirking sheep.

One time a few years back, I was driving back to Pennsylvania from the Midwest when there was this rainbow, and I was approaching one end of it. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I kept going and going, and eventually was passing right through that one end of it. But I didn't see any gold. I don't know if someone beat me to it.

Yes I do. I'm optimistic by nature, so I get a walking stick (because as you know Shih Tzus have short legs) and troop off in search of rainbows. I tend to take it slow and easy so's not to chase them away. I sneak up on them and jump on them. They try to get away, but I'm persistent. I have a very nice collection. So pretty.

I can remember when I lived in Olympia Washington and one morning I was about to go to work and it had been raining all night. That morning when I got up, there was a rainbow in the field across the street. I really couldn't see it at first. I could only see it just above the treeline. So, I ran across the street and ran into it. I never knew that they are really moving, They are not stationary. It kept going down the street and fast. We hopped in the van and followed it. We even let it go through us at one point. The truth about the rainbow is that you can't see the colors if you are in the rainbow except in the peripheral vision. I did enjoy chasing the rainbow then, now I realize that they move and fast, I will just let it be.

I have seen a rainbow in my meditations. I become the rainbow. Wait, hold up, I know that the rainbow can be a representation of the gay pride. Believe me, I am straight and go for the real rainbow. I do understand that there is a difference and I can accept that too. I just happen to be talking real rainbows here.

Nope....

I've been disappointed by it, I'm beginning to think that whole pot of gold thing is a myth.

I found a way to make it easier than ever! If you put a box of skittles into a nyan cats mouth with a bit of glitter, shake it up, then sit on the nyan cat. Proseed to open his mouth, it will boost you in the air and you can catch the rainbow Tip: Bring a deer skull to hold the rainbow in, rainbow tastes great on noodles.

Source(s): I'm a pro rainbow catcher