When Conservatives on Yahoo call Michelle Obama a "gorilla", does that have racist connotations?

I see a lot of Conservatives (like Gertrude T. Gass) comparing the First Lady to a gorilla -- and a lot of Cons who answer will agree. These are the same Cons who claim race has nothing to do with their hatred of the President and his wife.

There's even a Conservative with a Michelle Obama avatar with the Screen name "Want a Banana?"

Why are Conservatives so jealous of a Black family more successful & accomplished than they are?

Update:

Stephanie: Why would anyone be against eating right? And Michelle Obama is forcing no one -- she is merely encouraging it, to children in particular.

Did you criticize Laura Bush for "telling us what to read?"

All First Ladies have a social initiative -- Liberals never criticized Republican First Ladies for it. Conservatives criticize Michelle Obama for it because this time it's a Black woman doing it.

Now, you're likely not doing it because of her race, but you are blindly following what was first spread by AM radio hosts and right-wing bloggers, many who had an underlying racial motive behind their attacks.

Update 2:

MTR: You're not a Liberal.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, and it clearly is intended to put focus on her race as well as being insulting. Only an ignorant mind would make comments like this when the First Lady is tall, slim and graceful. Well educated and articulate, she poses an excellent example for women of all ages. This actually says more about the person making the comment then it does about the First Lady. Simple minds seem to thrive on bigotry and hatred. It makes them feel better about their own failed, miserable existence. They are not even intelligent enough to form an original idea so they just parrot what they hear from Rush, Beck, Palin and Hannity.

It seems as if her work with military families and her focus on health and fitness have gone unnoticed by certain individuals who seem to hate the fact that an ancestor of former slaves is now the First Lady of the United States. This what America and the US Constitution stands for . There is no room here for Fascists who want to live in the past.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Your hyperlink did not work, so there used to be no method to inform which video this used to be. Possibly they pulled it. Yes, she might have been more "politically correct" and stated there are x number of residents on this state that aren't registered to vote. On the other hand, i am guessing she was speakme to a as a rule or all black audience when she said it, and she or he spoke in phrases imperative to her audience. It wasn't racist. Racist would were making statements towards whites or different organizations balloting. You speak to Jewish corporations, you talk about the Jewish vote. You talk to institution students, you talk concerning the adolescence vote. There are white politicians who have talked to black or Hispanic or Asian audiences, and so they've pointed out getting those companies out to vote. Incidentally, i do not accept as true with the folks who are calling you racist for asking the question. Nothing you stated was once suggestive of that. There is just nothing wrong with asking what folks suppose about some thing.

• 7 years ago

I've seen a few questions where that would likely be true. Michelle Obama is a very accomplished woman, and anyone who would treat a First Lady with such disrespect is the REAL apelike one. Seeing the same question over and over again doesn't earn one any respect from me.

• Shilo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes, absolutely, in that context, it does have racist connotations.

Why the jealousy? I am not sure if jealousy is the right word; I'd think more like sustained shock and outrage....because the picture does not fit with their deep-rooted notions of what should be. It un-rocks their comfort cradle to the very core of being.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Nope! It has animalistic connotations.

• 7 years ago

She is as much gorilla as anyone else is.

Source(s): Evolution
  • 7 years ago

About as much as liberals calling Bush a chimp.

• 7 years ago

Yes, it also shows the phony conservative fascination with bestiality.

Source(s): Yahoo answers
  • 7 years ago

I am a liberal...and I would never call that sensual shaved sasquatch of a woman a gorilla...but I will admit that she looks like good sturdy breedin stock.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

She treats us like gorillas, for one, she is constantly telling us how to eat right because we don't know how to take care of ourselves! For two, I have never called any of the Obama family a gorilla, they could be white and I'd still hate them. Why do liberals constantly stereotype conservatives?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.