Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Why do drugs of any type make me feel anxious/guilty?

Even alcohol on a hangover does.. Is my body designed to run drug free??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That previous answer is wrong. Drugs are designed to mimic receptors, or, they are actually the drug that's already in your body. Such as MDMA, that mimics the chemical that releases serotonin, then inhibits the production.

Drugs are chemicals within your body, otherwise they'd have no effect. Stimulants can give you a sense of well-being, happiness and can give you epiphanies. However, sometimes, the thought they provoke can make you anxious, and guilty, possibly because they make you feel more connected to other people, and so more likely to empathise with them, therefore making you feel bad for the slightest thing, because you are sympathetic to their position.

If the drugs make you feel uncomfortable, bad, guilty or just give you a bad effect in general, then, you don't need them. People use them to emphasise their good feelings and to have fun (when they're used recreationally, not chronically/ addictively), if you don't feel good on them, then, it defeats the point in taking them.

Many of the emotions are emphasised with many drugs. If you feel confident, and you think you'll enjoy them, then the drugs may have a better effect on you.

In all, drugs are not a good way to go. They can be harmful to health when used chronically, and there is no way of regulating the quality of what you consume, even with the "legal highs" currently on the market, which are actually much more dangerous than conventional drugs as they are merely edited molecules that generally do more damage to your body than illegal drugs. If you feel better without them, steer clear of them. If they may effect work or education, steer clear of them.

Do your research on the one's you'll do, and make sure you make an informed decision if you do go down that route. Although I condemn drug taking in hindsight, it would be irresponsible to just condemn drugs and not give advice on the "what if" situations, which I would do, but it's not the question... Good luck, and I hope you make the right decisions.

• 8 years ago

Because you see them as bad. For the rest of us who use them properly without reservation, we're fine.

• 8 years ago

All bodies are designed to run drug free. That is just the side effects to taking drugs. The comedown is always unpleasant no matter what drug you take. What goes up, must come down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.