Gave birth on the forth?

when is my period suppose to stop it was only 4 days long with my first i only had a first degree tear with this one and a third degree with my first so i figured it should have stopped by now.

all they told me was that i should bleed normal after a couple days and it should last like a normal period i still have a regular period its not super heavy but i fill a pad every three hours

• Pippin
    Favorite Answer

The bleeding you have after giving birth isn't a period. It's lochia. (Didn't your doctor or the hospital nurses explain any of this?)

Lochia typically lasts 2-3 weeks, but can last for more than a month. (Some women are still bleeding at their 6 week check-up.)

If you only bled for 4 days last time, that was VERY unusual. (While the very heavy bleeding usually stops after a week or so, there will usually be some discharge for several weeks.)

And lochia is completely unrelated to any tears -- the lochia comes from inside your uterus; the tears are external.