Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What baggage can I take on United Airlines?

I am traveling on United Airlines and I looked up what they allow, but the website won't open on my computer. Can anyone tell me what the carry-on restrictions are? How big can the bag be and can I take a purse as well?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You are allowed one carry-on to be stowed in the overheard compartment and one personal item to be stowed under the seat in front of you (so yes, a purse would be fine for your personal item). Here is the carry-on baggage information taken directly from United's website:

"United Airlines will permit one bag plus one personal item (see below), per customer to be carried on the aircraft.

The maximum combined linear measurement (length + width + height) of carry-on bags must not exceed 14 inches x 9 inches x 22 inches (23 x 35 x 56 cm) or 45 linear inches (114 cm).

Please note: All carry-on items must be stowed under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bin. Items may not be stowed in the seat back pocket. Any item in excess of carry-on baggage size or allowance requirements as listed above will be checked to your final destination and may be subject to applicable checked baggage fees.​

Any item that is requested to be carried inside the cabin of an aircraft and is determined to be acceptable, but is so fragile or bulky that a seat is required, will be considered cabin-seat baggage. United Airlines will allow a customer to purchase a ticket for a cabin-seat baggage item so that the item may be carried on board and transported in a seat.

In addition to one carry-on item, you may bring one personal item, such as a shoulder bag, backpack, laptop bag or other small item (no larger than 9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches, or 36 linear inches)."

• 8 years ago

if it can fit in the bin above then it's fine try look up there phone number and asking

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.