Any successful entrepreneurs here?

Anyone that can give me some tips on starting a business? Perhaps recommend me some good entrepreneurship books I can read? I am also wondering about the typical education of a successful entrepreneur...does the average successful entrepreneur go to college? I understand the popular default answer will... show more Anyone that can give me some tips on starting a business? Perhaps recommend me some good entrepreneurship books I can read?

I am also wondering about the typical education of a successful entrepreneur...does the average successful entrepreneur go to college?

I understand the popular default answer will probably be that no, one does not NEED to go to college to be a successful entrepreneur.

But I want to test this assumption and see if a college education at the very least HELPS, and if so, which things entrepreneurs typically go to school to study.

If I have gone to college (but not for business or related fields), I want to know how my odds would stack up against other entrepreneurs who DID go to business school, if I were to try my luck at starting a business and had to compete with them.

Again, I appreciate any tips, book recommendations, and/or starting points.

And please state your own experience as an entrepreneur as well.

Thanks for your time.
Update: @rob: Yes I do have a public library. Obviously if I check out books about protein synthesis, or the story of a small European boy and his horse, I'm not going to learn much about business entrepreneurship. That's why I asked if an answerer such as yourself could kindly point me to specific books that... show more @rob: Yes I do have a public library. Obviously if I check out books about protein synthesis, or the story of a small European boy and his horse, I'm not going to learn much about business entrepreneurship. That's why I asked if an answerer such as yourself could kindly point me to specific books that might help me reach my goal.