Can your employer find out your medical treatments through insurance?

I was considering getting a prescription for medical marijuana (please hold your judgements). Since I will be using my insurance through my employer for this doctor visit, I was wondering if it is possible for my employer to find out?
Update: @jellybeanchick The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act states that an employer will not be able to penalize a qualifying patient with a registry identification card for a positive drug test for marijuana, unless the patient used, possessed, or was impaired by marijuana on the employment premises or during hours of... show more @jellybeanchick The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act states that an employer will not be able to penalize a qualifying patient with a registry identification card for a positive drug test for marijuana, unless the patient used, possessed, or was impaired by marijuana on the employment premises or during hours of employment.

But you're probably right about HIPPPA so I'm giving you this one.