I have a 2013 Jeep Compass, when should I bring it in for the first oil change?

I've had my Jeep Compass for about 3 months now and it has racked up about 5,600 miles. The change oil light hasn't popped up yet. I was wondering when I'm suppose to bring in my car for it's first oil change, should I wait for the change oil light to pop up or is there a certain amount of miles I should reach?

Favorite Answer

Open your owner's manual. There is a complete service schedule in it. Plus lots of very useful information. How could you have driven a new vehicle 3 months without reading it. That's very irresponsible on your part.

Source(s): experience
  • schild

Jeep Compass Oil Change

That answer depends on where you live and what type of driving you do. If your car is exposed to dusty conditions where you live, you should change the oil more regularly than the manual recommends. If you are doing mostly stop & go city driving, the same applies. The change oil light does NOT analyze the condition of your oil, but rather is a notice based upon miles accumulated.

An oil change is inexpensive, and not worth the risk of using oil too long, which can increase wear on your engine.

3 months or 3,000 miles is the recommended change interval.

Get It In NOW.... or it's gonna blow up!!!!

3,000 THERE IS NO OIL CHANGE LIGHT, HIGHLY RECOMMEND 3K BECAUSE IT IS A LIBERTY

Source(s): JEEP TECH