Shelby asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 7 years ago

Yonsei University, How is it?

I'm looking to study abroad next year at Yonsei, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the university is like

Do you like the school/why? What do you do for fun around the school? I'd also like to know how the University's Korean Language program is.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yonsei is a SKY school. Acronym for Seoul Uni, Korea Uni, and Yonsei Uni. These are the Harvard's of Korea, and almost every Korean has a dream to be accepted there. Yonsei has a great Oh Hak Dang. They have large classes of foreign students from all parts of the world, and if you like the school enough to pursue a BA/S or even higher, they will be quick to enroll you. (they do everything they can to increase the number of foreign enrolled students to heighten their global image of education) Yonsei is located next to several other large unis as well. Including, Ehwa Womens Uni, Hong Ik School of Arts, and Sogang Uni. So of course there's a large bar, club area, and lots of shopping and places to eat and drink. Most Koreans who live in the northern part of Seoul typically go to this area with their friends, even if they don't go to school there, aren't in school anymore, or don't live directly in the area. This goes for foreigners as well. They always go to Hong dae or Sinchon the majority of the time to hang with friends. (all within a 2 miles radius of the campus)

The Korean Language Program is designed to fit all levels. If you already have some Korean skills, they will put you in different class levels. However if you know none, they will start you right at the bottom learning the reading a writing, then on the conversation classes. They will also offer Korean History/Arts classes, and other curriculum of your choice. The majority of seminars and classes are in English at Yonsei University, since most Korean students have to have a spectacular Tesol/English language test scores to even be considered.

You'll make alot of friends there, both foreign and Korean. It will be a blast.

Source(s): Spent 10 years in Korea (American) Graduated from Yonsei University in 2007 Korean History/Language
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

it's a higly competitive uni. Good result is a must to enter this university. :)

• 7 years ago

It's most famous school

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sexy fun times!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • A A
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Dont go there hun

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.