Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicBlues · 7 years ago

Has anyone ever see pink Floyd, zeppelin or Joplin?

Pink Floyd, led zeppelin, Hendrix, Joplin, or the grateful dead or who went to Woodstock. And can you please enlighten me on how complete your life is!

Favorite Answer

Man you are stirring up horrible memories here. LOL

I literally begged my Mother if I could go to the Grande Ballroom with her closest friend's daughter who was 7 years older than me. The answer was NO. I was 10 in 67 when Janis appeared there.

Was suppose to see PF at The Olympia in 72' 73' 74' ??? with my cousin but opted not to go. Glad too it was about 105 that day and was general seating so everybody stood for hours outside in heat. Sadly I was 12 in 69'. If just 3 years older me and a lot of other friends would of thumbed there. Would have gotten beat up when we got back but it would have been damn well worth it.

Hey too young to attend, Outside of Janis, Hendrix would of loved to have seen.

Oh Well.

But life is complete having had the ultimate pleasure of enjoying what these artists produced and still enjoying at present. Music is timeless and lives on even if the artist leaves the earth. Their talent will always continue to the end of time.

I saw Zeppelin a couple of times, once on my 21st birthday. Fantastic experience to say the least. I saw Joplin and Zeppelin at the Atlanta Pop Festival on the July 4th weekend. It was held in the Atlanta International Raceway and it was hot as hell in there. I remember people selling ice out of their coolers and a firetruck came in and sprayed people with a fire hose to help cool us off.

I never saw Pink Floyd or the Dead. I did see Garcia once though do a show in Memphis.

I saw Hendrix play back to back shows at Ellis Auditorium in Memphis in April of '69. He was great but was having a hard time keeping his guitar in tune. When he finished his first show he tossed his guitar over his shoulder and left the stage. He came back strong on his second show though.

I feel very fortunate to have lived through those times, in more ways than one.

No to all of the above, with regrets. Something always interfered with my attempts to see PF and Zep. The Dead were avoiding New Orleans due to their false arrest in 1970 (a segment in "Truckin'" references that).

I was 14 during Woodstock, and didn't even know about it until the LP was released.

seen floyd, and zep,came across the dead playing a free concert in long beach in 77, can,t stand them,Bought some acid there, day wasn,t a total ruin.., I,m a musician have actually spent some time with Billy gibons when I lived in Oklahoma, Great Guy,

• Janis and Jimi passed before I was old enough to go to concerts. Growing up in SF I lost count of how many times I seen The Grateful Dead, PF 4 times, LZ twice, I've seen everyone of that era, Ever heard of the Winterland Arena? look it up, been there at least 100 times, I was even there on 11/25/76 look that up. Oh yea I'm doing just fine these days thank you very much, If me and old St Pete were to meet the first words out of his mouth would most likely be, Damn son you had a good run didn't ya,

Nope, but my uncle played bass on tour for pink floyd when roger waters left the band

my uncle saw zeppelins 2007 reunion at londons O2 arena.

Sorry, Nope